Thursday, May 04, 2006

a few finishes

Here is the done, done photo of the sunshine or sunny quilt for charity. I machine stitched the binding and had my helper hold it up...
A few days ago I commented I had finished up my small group applique- these blocks are for Kathy-she gave us the fabric, we supplied the labor. These are actually my first appliqued blocks..so far in my quilty life! It's not something I chose to do as a rule. I sure hope she likes them! She had us sign our names, so my guess is she will make this a keepsake of our small group for herself.


I realized I need to piece a backing for the rail fence top...so that is the first task of the morning for me.

Life is good:
planting flowers and watering them.
exchanging emails with online friends
feeling the warm sun on my face

10 Comments:

At 1:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the applique flowers are really cute! You did a great job for your first attempt - and I like the 4-patch one too - nice and bright :-)

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Ann said...

I think your flowers are adorable! The 4 patch is bright and cheerful, too! Our guild has an ongoing project to donate quilts to Hospice and the cheery ones are great for them!

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Good that you got the top finished up and hurray for the applique being finished! The flowers are just plain adorable and fun. Remind me of Piece of Cake designs.

Me? Facing more applique for Betsy's quilt but that might be my hand work for the car ride next week.

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger The Calico Cat said...

you did a good job on that applique!

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger  Jeanne said...

The 4p is right and cheerful! I like the cutie flowers -- they'd be really good in 1930s fabrics ... no, wait Jeanne, no new ideas till the old ones are done!

Ha - Jeanne :)

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Hi Cher, great job on that applique. I would never have guessed it was your first!! You did good!!!!

Love the sunshine quilt..very happy and bright. Should bring much happiness to someone..*VBS*

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Patti said...

Congratulations on finishing the appliqué. It looks just fine, and I know she'll appreciate the time you took to make it. Doesn't sound like you are eager to do more anytime soon, however!

:-)

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Ali Honey said...

Very well done. Quilts for charity are so satisfying.

The flowers have huge possibilities...don't give up. Cheers, Alison.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Hunter said...

You do such beautiful work. The quilt is so cheerful. I couldn't get to the bigger picture so I'll be back later to try again.

Darilyn

 
At 3:01 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Isn't it great to finish up projects!!! These are looking good - that flower applique looks a bit complicated through the center, so good for you to finish those blocks!

Cheers!

Evelyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home