Friday, May 19, 2006

Friday progress...

My camera battery needs re-charging (no new photos), the good news is I am closer to having the word border ready to put on the wonky village top. I have some major spacing issues to resolve and some filler blocks I think I may need to make. The words though are all surrounded in black and they came out really great-just take my word for it now :-) However, proportion is a bit out of whack...these words really are huge! I am considering an inner border, but, I am trying to not end up with a huge quilt...however, I am re-thinking that too now. Right now it's about sixty by fifty five...so you know I am already too large for a wall hanging-given the fact that I have limited wall space ...so what to do??? I am going to let it sit- play with re-arranging the words a bit...play with an inner border idea..you get the idea-it's a new design opportunity moment!

6 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

Sounds like you're having fun, which is the name of the game :-)

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hey, that's wonderful..I'm so anxious to see it. What's wrong with a snuggle quilt?? Some rainy days are just meant for reading and a good snuggle quilt..*VBS*

If it helps, I'm having the same problem with piecing letters. Tonya pictures are sooooo good, and you get the impression that the letter is of a size we relate to..like 4 or 5", even 3" seem small to me. Mine are tending to be about 3 to 4" wide(without the spacer strip) and up to 6" tall. I went back and re-read and Tonya's are more like 2.5", and 3" so mine seem huge.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

know you are busy with non- quilting things but look forward to seeing the top!

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Hunter said...

I love to watch where projects take themselves. What fun.

Darilyn

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Granny said...

I can't wait to see your words project. I'm wanting to do one so bad but it will have to wait a few more months.

Judy L.

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Hanne said...

I am looking forward to see you quilt :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home