Tuesday, June 06, 2006

here I am

It was a busy weekend and once a friend grants permission I will be able to share some of her quilts-they are so wonderful...meanwhile, I have not made much progress on my own stuff-put together binding for the Texas baby and cleaned up the batting mess I had made in here. Don't ask. I have started a new job-so doing the 8 to 4:30 pm thing each day in an office is going to cause lots less quilting time. It's good to be able to look forward to a paycheck and all that comes with working again of course, but, boy was I spoiled by not working.
I have to adjust my energy levels and obviously get more done either early morning or in the evening. I am looking forward to going on retreat Friday. Guess I will be motivated to really get as much quilty stuff done as I can!

9 Comments:

At 7:21 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

I'm not sure if I should give you congrats or condolences on the new job. LOL! So take the sentiment whichever way you need it. Yes it is challenging to quilt while holding down a full time job and trying to take care of a house. But without my job I wouldn't have money for fabric (or food!) so I guess I'll have to struggle along. I find if I get up a bit early in the morning and do my housework then that leaves my evenings free to do whatever I want once the kitchen is tidied back up after supper.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

That's the catch-22 about working. A person can either have plenty of time to quilt and no money, or money to quilt and no time! I hear ya!

 
At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I work M-F 8:30-4:30, and i find I'll get energy bursts a few nights a week, and really make progress! Once you get into the rythm, you'll be great- hope you like the new job!

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Darcie said...

Congrats and good luck with your new job, Cher! Quilting time is somewhat like gym time...a little everyday is sooo much better than nothing at all!

Can I please ask: What's the batting mess all about??? LOL Nah...just joking.

Have a wonderful Retreat! Make sure to tell us all about it when you get back.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

you will figure out how to balance this stuff, I know. "Vacation" is nice while it lasts but doesn't help pay the bills. My days will seem longer without the chatting but I am happy that you will be doing the work you love. Thanks for the cute card that came!

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh good luck with the new job. At first you might have less time and be tired, but once you get going I bet you find just as much time! I can't wait to see your friends quilts!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger  Jeanne said...

Best of luck with the new job! Once you make the adjustment, you'll be proud of yourself for being able to accomplish so much!
Jeanne :)

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

Glad you got the job... and you'll just have to be like me and stop cleaning house, so you have time to quilt!

 
At 3:56 AM, Blogger Hanne said...

Congratulations on your new job !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home