Friday, May 26, 2006

wonky village - a done top


nothing beats working into the wee hours for making real progress. once I decided (thanks for all the feedback) on the border designs-it was petal to the metal time. actually, I couldn't sleep and decided I may as well work on this-which of course meant once I started I was having so much fun...I didn't quit until the last side as I wasn't positive about what I wanted in the corner. A few hours of sleep and back to the original idea-and here you have it. I took a close up of the revamped house-this lion had to be included and I think I found a clever way of making that happen-I am sure Evelyn (this house was her trade with me) will approve! Dee did the label for me-she's been offline for months but will be back anytime now. She also contributed the polka dot roof wonky house as well. As this idea was inspired by Tonya, another online quilter...I have to pay tribute to all the online quilters that made this top possible-THANKS!




next up: piece a backing and call a longarm quilter....and by the way, this turned out to be 57.5 by 51.5 inches....

18 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE it! So happy to see the lion. all your hard work has made for one amazing top!

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Finn said...

It definitely passes muster!! Really great and well worth the few hours of sleep you lost!! Congratulations on a really great finish!!! Love the lion who rule, and the jungle blocks really connect the colors together...*VBS*

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Hanne said...

Your Wonky Village top looks smashing good ! :-)

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger dot said...

This is really nice. You should be very proud of the results. Wee hours can make us insane and very productive at the same time. Call me if you need a quilter.

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Hey! That lion picked my house to call home - how fun! The whole thing looks really great - I never can figure out how to make many different sized blocks look good together. Yours is perfect!
Whoo-hoo - way to go!

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger KC Quilter said...

Your "lion sleeps tonight" quilt is absolutely fantastic--one of the neatest quilts I've seen in a long time!! Congratulations.

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

That all came together so well. :) Congratulations on a nicely finished top and backing!

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Joyce said...

Love the quilt!

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger  Jeanne said...

Bravo! What a fun creative project!!!
Jeanne :)

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, love the lion!

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

Marvelous job, Cher!!! Perfect spot for the lion - of course he'd be inside the house sleeping. Love the giraffes.

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Passionate Quilter said...

I love it! What a great job you did!

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Patti said...

Cher, this turned out fabulously! I LOVE the words around the border! And of course you must keep this one for yourself! One of these days - eventually - years from now, probably - I'll be confident enough that I can say "bring it to me and I'll quilt it."

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Hunter said...

What a great quilt. The lion is wonderful!

Congratulations.

Darilyn

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

It is the kind of quilt that makes you smile. Great job!

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

How cute! I love seeing everyones houses and letters but have resisted making them myself so far. I have so many other projects to work on but one of these days I'm going to join in the fun.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Quilts And Pieces said...

It is WONDERFUL! And I LOVE the Lion in the door!

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Wow that turned out nice. (I love that song & I like to use song titles in quilts...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home