Monday, October 02, 2006

October....

Well, like so many others...I could use a few more days of September to help reach my goals set.
But, I haven't mastered that time/space change thing-so October it is. I set what seemed pretty reasonable goals in September-however when I threw in an unexpected comfort quilt, naturally that meant one less charity quilt got done. Which is perfectly ok with me. I always make special quilts done when needed a priority to any goals set. September:
1) 2 of 3 charity quilts finished.
2) African scrappy top completed
3) family projects..started cutting last night

Not so bad. October I will finish one more charity quilt-it's pinned and waiting to be quilted. I am working on a tee shirt quilt-which is a new format for me-it's a family gift and I think it won't take too much time to put the top together. The pieces I am using however are huge..so I am worried about this ending up being NOT a "wall" sized hanging..but, they are what they are-and if it turns out huge..well he has a whole wall bare after all !

And, to round out my goal list - I have a few Christmas gift projects for my granddaughter, Alice Wonderful. Easy to do I hope. Plus I am going to take my left over sweater yarn and knit up an easy and favorite scarf pattern. And now with the cooler weather, the mending pile will need to be tackled. Those polar fleece pants are going to be needed!

9 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

sounds like you've got a good plan in place for October...

 
At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

when you manage to control space and time, will you tell me the secret?

If the T quilt gets too big, it could make a great draped-over-a-couch-in-a-family room quilt. Mine has ended up nearly queen sized!

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Pam said...

Always nice to have finishes behind us and goals ahead of us. Little Missy Alice is Wonderful is one lucky little angel.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

Here's to meeting your October goals! Good luck.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

It is nice to be flexible enough to "throw" in a comfort quilt when needed! I think you are doing a great job! Christmas presents... guess it will be upon us before we know it!

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At 1:43 AM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I love reading about and seeing your charity quilts. Nice job!

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Juliann in WA said...

sounds like you had a great September with your goal list - and now on the Christmas projects - I think I really need to sit down and do some goal setting - Juliann

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Shelina said...

Good job for getting the September goals done. Substitutions are absolutely allowed!

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Good job on the September stuff plus finishing up the sweater. Looks like we both will be working on T-shirt quilts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home