Saturday, December 30, 2006

wrapping up the year

No photos...no quilting. Before we dash out the door for a long weekend at the beach - playing with family and relaxing-I wanted to at least post what a wonderful year I have enjoyed being a blogger and part of the Stash Ring. I did more quilting this year of 2006 than any other year and finished more quilts as a result. Many were for charity and many were personal. A good balance for me-one I hope to continue into 2007. My life holds more changes ahead as family continues to go through some major upheavals and that probably will entail more traveling in my future. I have at the moment at least 5 must finish/make quilts that I will dedicate January to accomplishing.
Otherwise, I am declaring 2007 the year of sewing my way to a tidy and organized sewing room.
I won't be setting any monthly goals...I will list accomplishments instead. I want to focus on not so much what I want/need/must do as on results. I am doing another year of ufos challenge on a list I belong to-with one of those being a quilt I started in the only class this year I took. That really seems to be my habit-take a class and the quilt gets started and then put aside. I am signed up for another class in 2007- but it's a learning class for me...I want to learn a new techinque...which doesn't require starting a new quilt...so I should not end up with a potential ufo as a result of this class. I am also signed up for 2 quilt retreats so far. Those should really help me get power quilting time in.
I am going to get back into the morning 20 minutes of sewing again too this year. Less time on the computer if I am to really see a gain in my quilting results. However, I will not neglect this blog nor my fellow bloggers...reading your blogs really keeps me inspired and feeling connected when life is too busy to get together with my quilting friends in person.
I hope the coming year proves to be filled with all good things for all of you!
You can always reach me through my email if you think I am missing in action too much.

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger Patti said...

I really like the idea of focusing on accomplishments instead of goals. I think that's why my goals are so vague other than finishing the two baby quilts. I will consider any accomplishment a win-win situation, and will celebrate each my crossing it off my sidebar.

Have a wonderful time at the beach - I'll see you soon.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Quilts And Pieces said...

Happy New Year! Good luck on your future "accomplishments"!

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Seems a chilly time to go to the beach! Hope your beach house has a fireplace and lots of wood. =)

I think your plan for 2007 sewing will help you finish a lot of things! Good luck.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Samantha said...

Happy New Year, Cher! Enjoy the beach!

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Eileen said...

Accomplishments. What a good idea. I have only one real goal. But I'm going to list my accomplishments. Thanks, Cher.
Have a very good time at the beach, dont' forget the sunblock, lol.

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Darlene said...

Happy New Year, Cher! It's been fun visiting your blog and getting to know you!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Cher, I've done the same thing. I've take two classes and both of them resulted in a UFO. I am determined to finish them before I take another class!! :)

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hey CHer, hope you had a fun, fun time at the beach..*VBS* Always good to see your post and smiling face.
Great idea of changing the focus in 2007. I guess it's almost what I am doing..looking for results..*S* If now, oh well, my head gets mixed up some times..LOL
Looking forward to see your projects grow and change. Hugs, Finn

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

Class samples always look great mixed into orphan quilts. Enjoy all your endeavors this year and hope you get lots of quilting in!

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

I'm with you on "no goals". I'll be posting progress on my sidebar instead. I have a space set up already for finished tops, finished quilts and will set one up soon stash in/out as I'd like to track that this year also. I'd so much rather concentrate on what I accomplished that what I think I need to be doing (and rarely ever do!)

I feel so blessed to have known you this past year and wish for you a happy, healthy, productive 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home