Sunday, June 17, 2007

something finished to show

this was a leader/ender to the wedding quilt project that...well....once it was close, just had to get finished as a top! There are many blocks made by my guild friends at our retreat and I wanted to finish this quilt to take on the 26th as my show and tell-then off it will go as a Heartstrings /Wraptheminlove charity quilt. It's pieced on muslin foundation squares, and I am going to back it with flannel and quilt it without any batting. I know it will quilt up nicely and be plenty warm enough for a child . The purple side borders were leftovers from the quilt backing from my sister's quilt. As I am still trying to use up my flannel stash-I am happy to be pulling another few yards from that stash for the backing on this top. Once pinned, it will go on the waiting to be quilted stack. I have another donated top that also needs to be pinned. I may or may not tackle that as I am in that pinning mode...just depends on my mood. This is 40 inches by 63 inches...a tad less once it's quilted and trimmed up. Nice to have something quilty to show here in photo form! It's another grey not quite rainy day here...getting out to the garden will be happening in another hour as I have plants to move and put into the ground, plus a replacement plant to put into the ground-being perfect weather-I decided no more lally gagging around (that means putting it off!) and doing those gardening "chores". In between stitching on this top, reading a few blogs, chatting online with a quilty friend, I also did a fair amount of cutting wow strips for the wedding project. I have about two or so more half yards to cut, then, I am switching gears to stitch up the 1/4 part that is done before taking it down from the design wall...too bad if I change my mind about the color layout! I don't have enough room to lay it all out prior to stitching and figure if I like each quarter...then put together it will be fine.

Once I have the second quarter up on the design wall, I will post a photo and ask for feedback.
Life is of course busy with other things! more on those at another time...

3 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Cher, it looks great - I like seeing different variations!

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger ForestJane said...

Ohh, pretty cool! I like the way the red center strips make bricks, kinda. :)

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Gail said...

Whew--I got thru one of your posts without a serious case of megging!! Please hold off on posting anything too wonderful for a while, I have lots of projects to finish off.LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home