Sunday, May 13, 2007

finished is good

To the right is a photo Linda sent me as I lost my copy of the wedding quilt I made for my son Eli and his bride. I have mentioned it's now his brothers turn. I have pulled fabrics and begun the washing/drying steps and I am drawing up my color placement chart as well. This time I will be going scrappy, again, all pulled from my stash.

I stayed up last night and finished the stitching on this wall hanging-as you can see, I favor a narrow binding. I stitched in the sleeve with the top seam which proved to be a lot to bind over-but I trimmed the bulk and it turned out fine. I do seem to have a bent needle as a result :-)

Now to pack it up for shipping off tomorrow. Too bad I won't see the faces of the new owners-I hope they enjoy it.
It's wonderful to have my camera back and be able to show current photos. A lot of today will be devoted to playing in the garden-I have trays of new plants waiting to be placed in the ground and I am happy to spend the time playing in the dirt with the riot of color that will result in the weeks ahead. It rained late yesterday and it's threatening to again today-I hope it holds off until after I have a chance to get outside. I am still at the having coffee and breakfast in my fuzzies stage of the morning right now.

8 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Hey, Girl--Happy Mother's Day! How does the garden look with the new plantings?

And finish is definitely good. The recepients are sure to love it!

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger meggie said...

Love those quilts!
The wallhanging is lovely.
Thanks for visiting my blog, & leaving a comment.
How nice to meet you!

 
At 4:14 AM, Blogger The Calico Cat said...

I have that wedding ring quilt pattern - somewhere...

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger swooze said...

Love your quilts! So what did that little camera repair run you? I know it is to the point where buying is cheaper than repairing usually!

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Greenmare said...

Love the wedding ring quilt!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Feeling Simply Quilty said...

That's a great wedding ring quilt. I thought I was going to have to make one, but, my DD keeps pushing back the wedding plans, so I suppose I have a bit of a reprieve.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I love the Heart quilt, I'm going to play with a variation of the HeartStrings one using rectangular blocks once I get home and finish up my Spiderweb top.

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Both the quilts are great, but I really love the string one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home