Wednesday, May 16, 2007

NQR= not quilt related

Like everyone else- there is more to me than quilting. Today our office is kicking off our version of The Biggest Loser Challenge- without going into details-it has inspired me to actually get myself into the gym this morning. That's right- I have put in my 30 minutes, 2.6 miles, 3,446 strides already. And the reason I was up so early? My partner was questioning whether I had programmed the auto sprinkler system right-convinced it was NOT coming on at all. I set it for every other day-it comes on at 4:30 AM and is done by 5 AM...considering she is not out the door until around 5:20 AM, I knew there was no way she could "see" the water going. I knew today was one of the days it should be going and I woke up at 4:28 AM...in time to throw on clothes and mosey out to the garage to check the control...with Zoe supervising of course. Sure enough, at 4:30 on went the water. So back to bed I went-not really sleeping but dozing until the alarm went off. Zoe was not happy about that! Still, life went on normally once the alarm actually went off.
I am enjoying a minor quilting lull. It always happens when I finish a few projects-sure, I pulled fabric and even have some waiting to be pressed and cut-but, I just don't feel in the mood. Instead, I am getting other things done and just vegging a bit. I am even reading a few more blogs...it's amazing how busy and productive so many of you have been! Great quilt photos of shows went to and personally done. I decided to show my heart wall hanging at my guild-I have not done a show and tell in like, forever. I figure I can mail it off on the 23rd just as easily as today.
Sunday I have another class coming up- another technique class on another method of curved piecing. It's being taught by a teacher our guild is bringing in for a program-Kelly Gallagher-Abbott- who happens to be the curator of the Hoffman Challenge. Her website is here.
I am going to take the same scraps as I took to my last class-I can see right now I need to email her on some instructions on the Tuesday class I will be taking-yes, I am taking two classes from her. The Tuesday class is funky checkers...and calls for ironing freezer paper to pre-shrink it.
That's something new to me- I had no idea freezer paper could shrink. Did you? Well, that's why I am taking classes- to learn new things to me.
Ok, off to work on the early side, as it's my day to come home at one and walk Zoe-plus I am getting together with my aunt for dinner and a visit.

Life is Good!
sunshine and warmer weather
a strong start on planting the gardens
personal checkbook balancing done
my longarm quilter will be home Thursday

6 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Blogger McIrish Annie said...

I enjoy a quilting lull. Doesn't happen often, usually when the warm weather arrives. you sound like you are in a good place in your life. Enjoy!!

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

Enjoy the lull! I have the sometimes, and I think they are great for recharging. My group is doing the funky checkers workshop in july, BTW. I'm eager to see yours!

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Sometimes a lull is good - you are right - lots of other things in life besides quilting! Glad to hear that your sprinkler system is indeed set to work correctly - and enjoy the gym! Good health is important!!!

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

I want to see what funky checkers is supposed to look like--the title sure is fun sounding.

WTG, Cher, on the gym work!

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck with the weight loss and workout!

I had no idea freezer paper would shrink. Never thought about it but I would have said no if someone had asked me. Now I know it will! Thanks! :)

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hey Cher, much more to life than quilts and quilting..*VBS* Good to have some balance. The Biggest Loser challenge sounds like a good one...good for you for hitting the gym!
When you are ready the fabric will still be there. Hugs, Finn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home