Saturday, June 02, 2007

something quilted to show




my friend called to let me know she was in town and we made arrangements to meet early Saturday morning so I could hand over the 7 charity quilts that are finished for her foundation, WrapThemInLove-I told her if I could find the time I would add one more to that number. And I did manage to do that-allowing me to show something quilty at last. Thanks to Linda's bag of leftover binding it was easy to pull greens and whip the binding on for this finish. One of my group pieced this-and I like how she arranged the different strips-a few I recognized from my scrap bag..the red with black floral for one, from a beginner's quilt class I took back in 2000.
I still have plenty of stash from 1999, the year I returned to collecting fabric, the path leading to eventually a return to quilting in late 1999 for me. So now I can hand over 8 finished quilts and only have two left on my stack to finish.
Sunday we meet and with any luck those will get done during that time-a small amount of quilting left on one to do and the other is pinned to be quilted. Today, I drove over after work to visit with my dil and Alice...taking a few new photos-apparently she was cranky before I arrived, however, she seemed in great spirits to me. She loves eating cheerios-and I have a decent photo of her enjoying that, along with a wonderful grin as she enjoys a book. Looks like she bumped her face as one eye seems squinting to me..but, then, you know how it is about crawling and climbing up on stuff, and trying to stand...bumps and tumbles happen. She is a busy baby!
I picked up a Spanish Lavender plant to replace the one that died last week that I had them pick up when they were out last weekend at the nursery-tomorrow I will spend some time in the garden..I am still far from being done...I probably will be driving over to the nursery myself and picking up more plants. It will depend on how hot it gets tomorrow-it's been up in the 90's lately and that's just too hot to be gardening or putting in new plants. I am so enjoying having a sprinkler system this year-what a labor/time saver that is. And, yes, I have managed to go to the gym 4 out of 5 mornings this week-I am working on this new habit-not just getting up early but getting out the door and at the gym by 5;30 am...and you know, once I get there I am happy to be doing it. I do a little over 2 miles each time and I like putting that factoid on my calendar. And, tomorrow I need to quit dragging my feet and start cutting on the wedding quilt. I am still wordsmithing on the label for the jigsaw puzzle quilt-I am sure I will wrap that up over the weekend as well-sure sounds like a quilty weekend shaping up doesn't it? I have made a start tonight-which is nice. And, I am itching to play in the scraps...I was looking at a tray of them laid out in the garage...they may have to come inside and act as leaders/enders with the wedding quilt.....I love Friday nights- the plans for the weekend overflowing..all to look forward to...forty eight hours of doing as I please. OK, off to read what some of you have been up to or plan to do before getting some sleep.

7 Comments:

At 6:25 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Morning Cher, my oh my, you are up early...or is it up late? LOL...either way, happy Saturday to ya!
Great pics of Alice...she's growning soooo fast!*VBS* Guess that's the name of the came.
Got ya on my blog today, you and Pam's famous ISWIS...LOL...the Universe finally gave me the next pieces...LOL And onward we go!
The strips and strings quilt with LJ's binding looks wonderful..great job on getting 8 more finished up. Enjoy the weekend Granny...Hugs, Finn

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Pam said...

LMAIW~what a cutie pie!

Glad you were able to catch up with Ellen.

Nice quick finish to the strings.

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Alice is soooo cute! I love Friday afternoons, the whole weekend stretching out in front of me, too.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Cher, she's so CUTE - almost makes me want a grandbaby - other than the fact that both my SON and I are way too young!

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

Wow, whaat a doll she is! What a great smile in the second pic. Haven't read blogs in a while, so have lots of catching up to do.

And you've accomplished quite a lot! The puzzle quilt looks great and I like the one underneath that one too, woven looking brights with the white stripe between.

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Patti said...

Oh good - new pictures of Alice! What a sweetie!

I'm with you on the heat - way to hot to be outside gardening!

See you next Saturday!

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Quilter Kathy said...

Wow Cher....you have been very busy and to finish 8 quilts...that's amazing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home