Saturday, December 01, 2007

November wrap up

A blogger that also is on the yahoo stashbuster list issued a contest- post your November quilty accomplishments and be proud of what you did! Well, first I had to read back over my posts for November-not too many for that month. I bound 2 charity quilts, I made one charity top, I dropped off a top to be quilted and got it back and cut binding for it, I completed and turned in another large top to be quilted to the longarmer, made 4 guild blocks, and I promoted sales of tickets for our charity raffle quilt-made the most money from my co-workers! and sent it all in to headquarters-today is the drawing day...if I win, I will certainly post later today.
Today is my sweetie's birthday-I have a small dinner party planned-you know that means cleaning up and cooking will be the major parts of my day. I am baking a pumpkin pie per request plus picked up a Baskins Robbins ice cream cake as well, the other request. I have no problem with two birthday desserts-when it's your birthday, it's your choice! It's easier to bake a pie for me than to bake a cake-though I do enjoy doing any sort of baking. Christmas cookies will be happening later this month you can be assured. I ran out of energy last night so no stitching was done. The snow they promised today were mere specks of ice bits by the time I was out the door to walk Zoe earlier this morning. It still is pretty cold- about 34 degrees F.
December should see the finish of these two gift quilts, delivery of both, and work on the nyb ufo...with a finish being the ideal ending of this year. I have a few thoughts on 2008...and will share them later in the month, I hope this weekend finds everyone doing something they love to do...stay safe and warm folks.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Wow. You got a lot of quilting done in November. Hope DH enjoyed his special dinner. I'm sure he did. Now, on to December.

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Happy Birthday to your Sweetie! I'm all for two desserts - oh yeah.

You have been one busy gal. I absolutely love the blue and cream churn dashes.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

And proud you should be considering what a busy month you have had! I have been wondering who won that quilt too--no phone call on my end so I doubt it was me, LOL.

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hey Cher, happy December to you! Sounds like November was a good month, quilt wise, and December will be even better!
Two desserts?? Yum!! Lucky birthday person *VBS*
I've been hunkered down all weekend, letting it snow and blow without me..more coming tomorrow they say.
Went to the postoffice today and found out that, as I thought, I can't see where anything is in the snow...oh joy! A curb? There's a curb? OK then...LOL Hugs, Finn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home