Thursday, March 06, 2008

March....what I have been up to so far


A bit of what I am up to currently. I have been working on string blocks, started at my fall retreat, and pulled out last Sunday at our charity group sewing day, as a nice mindless project.
I cut 7 inch foundation squares, so they move right along. I prefer to press after I add two strips, so that takes more time. I have a stack of waiting quilt sandwiches, which I seem to be ignoring at the moment. Saturday I have a new project I am doing with online friends. By the time I wake up and have my coffee I imagine a few of them may be done! They either live in another time zone or are early birds- hey, it's my day off and unless I wake up early, I get up whenever. I am still in the process of gathering tax info to do three sets of tax returns. I always did my moms, and now that she is gone, I have inherited my aunts. So, I have that task hanging over my head. Spring is on it's way with lots of almost blooming daffodils in the backyard-the crocus are great in the front-at least the purple ones are up. I have packed up a quilt and sent it off to a friend to have BP fans done on it. I have a guild committee meeting tonight-bringing my lentil/barley soup as part of our potluck part of the meeting. I know that means I will get home too late to have energy to do anything quilty. Tomorrow night I am picking up LMAIW (Alice Wonderful) from daycare and babysitting until her mama gets back from a business trip. No matter how I feel when I get home, I need to pull fabric and get ready for the new project come Saturday morning. I am still mulling over which fabric to play with. oh, photo of ironing board-somewhere on blogland someone wanted that shared...guess I have a photo to share after all....hey, it's Thursday- almost Friday...enjoy your day!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Blogger Patti said...

Hi there! I've been thinking about you and wondering what you are up to. Busy, busy as always. I've also been thinking that we need to set a date for getting together since you won't be able to come to the PINS retreat.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Taxes, ugh! I sent all my paperwork to my BIL and just getting all that together is a pain. I don't know if he's going to do them after this year (he's done them for us for 18 years!) so I'm a little nervous about having to find someone else for 2008.

Cute hearts! I'm making progress getting my strings and hearts together but it's SLOW going.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home