Saturday, February 09, 2008

flannel re-do


I walked into the sewing room and realized what was wrong with this picture. The sashing is too wide for the squares. I was going to rip them apart and cut down the sashings. Now I am wondering if I should increase the squares instead. That is the fabric I love-so it makes sense for those to be larger...and the sashings to be more narrow. I cleared the sewing table so I could use it as a large cutting surface-trimmed the flame quilt and now need to cut binding for it. Did I put the fabric in an easy to find place? Do I even remember where I put it in here? Oh yes, in the stacks in the Messy Corner. sheesh. And while I have this nice clear cutting area, I think I need to do as much cutting as I need to. I have two more quilts to quilt-binding for them would be a good idea to cut-and of course this flannel re-do. And, I really could put in an hour of scrap cutting or kit cutting while I am in the cutting mode. Guess that will keep busy for the next few hours.
No Alice photos- I ended up not babysitting (though I did give her beef stew for her supper-she does not eat beef-very clearly not to her taste-you have to imagine her taking a bite and spitting it right out! She ended up getting into a crying spell which decided her mama to stay home and I had the pleasure of going out with my son to see the Shakespeare play, Twelfth Night . It was excellent and quite funny. We had a grand time together.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5:35 PM, Blogger Emily Cole said...

I think you're right about the sashing... it looks like it's overpowering the blocks. Great idea - happy cutting! (my least favorite thing!!!)

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Hunter said...

I love the quilt. I thought the sashing was just part of the pattern. I've never made a flannel quilt top. I've used flannel for the backing many times. Flannel is my favorite backing because it's so snuggly.

Thirty years later I can still remember Chad's first bit of peas.

The shiver started from the top of his head and went all the way down to his toes. Then he looked like a volcano spewing lava. He coated us in peas and even managed to hit the kitchen wall.

He still hates peas. ;)

All the best.
Darilyn

P.S. - The link to the Ivana fabric is in today's post. Sorry.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Joanne said...

Always nice to spend alone time with your kids! I love the Winter Swap quilt you received -- gorgeous.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hi Cher, dropping in to say "hello" and see what you are up to...and OH MY!! What a busy and productive gal you are these days!
I'm very impressed with all the progress and project crossed off for January.
Way to go!! Have fun with the longarm stuff! Hugs, Finn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home