Friday, February 29, 2008

house block for Bonnie


A bonus day off- I am taking care of Alice as her daycare is on vacation and the kids needed help covering all the days needed to take care of Alice. She has been napping and I took advantage of the time to whip out this block-ala Gwen Marston style. I could only use fabric from this room-but I think I did all right. (why? Alice is napping in the fabric room!) Red background had been pulled and that was the only real "rule". I have pulled some heart fabric from the garage-glad I knew which bin it was in! and plan to put together a top with the heart block winnings this weekend. I have some quilting to do and on Sunday it will be my charity group get together- more fun quilty stuff going on. Zoe is napping beside me- resting up for the next round of Alice playtime. She sure enjoys her job of supervising, but, boy is it hard work for her LOL. I swung by my office to show Alice off, but she was not a happy camper amongst all those strangers...crying and just wanting to get out of there. Needless to say, we made it short and came on home. She played, she ate a snack, and then let me know it was nap time. I feel so lucky she is so easy for me to enjoy caring for-over 2 hours of napping and that means a happy well rested toddler when she wakes up! So- here is a block to celebrate Bonnie over at www.quiltville new house. ok, on to the next quilty project until I hear a peep out of Alice. Life is very good today!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 12:36 AM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

you did great. nice strong colors. glad life is good!

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Pam said...

Too many new faces isn't anything I wanna do at times either!

So glad LMAIW could play with Nonna for the day. I would call that a double bonus...no going to the office and LMAIW!!!

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

A bonus day off!! ...and a second bonus in that you got in some Alice time!! Lucky you!! Life is good!!

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I really miss that time when Little Boy would take a 2 hour nap. For some reason - he outgrew the naps but I, on the otherhand, feel like I need them more and more, LOL! You made excellent use of that nap time - your block turned out great!

Cheers!
Evelyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home