Saturday, February 23, 2008

a little of this, a lot of Alice


Friday, after work, I stopped by the kids to drop off soup as I knew the 'flu bug had been visiting all week. Alice was much better, and the parents not so much! I volunteered to take Alice for a few hours to give them a break and they countered by suggesting she come spend the night. In about 10 seconds I had her bag packed, her daddy had her traveling crib packed and we were out of there. No way did I want them to change their minds *vbs* Alice is at this time my only grandchild and of course, I simply adore her. We happily juggled plans to include Miss Alice Wonderful and it was a grand time. After she turned down salmon and mashed sweet potatoes for supper, I cooked up her all time favorite, pasta and red sauce. She enjoyed it again the next day for lunch, no problem. She can now sit in a booster chair at the table and feed herself...well, pretty much...as you can see-when the fork becomes too slow, the hands work! We had sunshine today so a walk over to the park behind our house was a great adventure. She loves to run down the small hills...and can jump both feet off the ground at the same time-her doctor says that is unusual for the age of 20 months. Well, she is a very physically active child and fearless too. During nap time this morning-a nice two plus hours, I tackled more of the things in the Messy Corner-like the fleece pants that have been waiting to be hemmed for two years now and another mending chore. We had to return Alice by 3 pm and were very sad to have to say goodbye to her. Zoe (our boxer) conked out for an extended nap once we left-keeping up with Miss Alice is a very demanding job for a dog! As you can see, Zoe was very gracious about giving up her bed to Miss Alice...plus she shared her toys too. Alice loves to empty the dog toy basket, tossing balls everywhere over her shoulder-oh my. On our way home we picked up some more groceries and pasta to go. I have been stitching binding on a ufo, it should be done later tonight-and cutting for more heart blocks for guild on Tuesday night. I actually put away two giant stacks of magazines, papers, and books in the sewing room as well...I decided to set up the ironing board where they were in the way on the floor...and some of this red will be the background for a house block for Bonnie over at Quiltville. I am taking care of the little bits of quilting things so I can feel the decks are cleared for the next thing. I have two pinned quilts waiting to be quilted and then, what is left in the Messy Corner are bagged scraps and a few project kits. On the sewing table is a container of my flannel strips stacked neatly and the next Christmas fabric project. On the design wall is the blue and while star block. I think I have enough to stay busy for quite a while without leaving the room! If tomorrow is sunny, gardening time will happen. If it rains, I will stitch the day away. Either way, Sunday sounds like a wonderful day to me- I hope your Sunday is just as terrific. Thanks for stopping by!



Labels:

9 Comments:

At 3:02 AM, Blogger YankeeQuilter said...

Sounds like Miss Alice had a great time! Have a wonderful Sunday...whichever project you decide to do!
Siobhan

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Joanne said...

Oh Wow -- with those dark eyes and hair, Alice is going to be a heart breaker! What a beauty she is. I laughed out loud at Zoe having to take a nap afterwards! Babies are so busy.
Sounds like you're making headway in the sewing room too!

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Gail said...

Precious Alice is more beautiful each time you post. Too bad you only had her one day!

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

It's so great that you live close-by. My parents have always been close and very helpful like you.

I knew right away that that pic of Alice was in Zoe's bed! Too funny!

Enjoy your day, Cher!

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Terry Grant said...

Alice has gotten to be such a big girl! It sure happens fast, doesn't it? She is beautiful.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Patti said...

What a marvelous time you had with Alice - she grows more beautiful by the day! I just can't wait until Sophie is old enough to spend the night. I can't help but be somewhat jealous of Chelsea's parents, as they get to babysit Sophie about once a week. I can't fault Chelsea - they are much, much closer. Soon I'll have Joseph here, however - the kids fly to Guatemala tomorrow evening - and I can be "grandma" to my heart's content when they go back to work.

Another beautiful day today, so I presume you are gardening.

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

What a doll baby! Sorry her folks were not feeling well but it gave you chance to have her for an overnight visit.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Michele Bilyeu said...

I can't even begin to imagine how in love you must be with this beautiful little one...she is extraordinarily gorgeous to begin with! And speaking of ironing boards...didn't you know you were supposed to photograph yours and show it on your blog? I did and we all are and you should too..ha ha. P.S. I vote with M. that you keep that bright but wonderful quilt top. I mean if Alice is climbing in Zoe's bed...maybe they need a nap quilt in there...picture how cute the both of them would be in there, under that or any quilt.... :)

 
At 2:06 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

How sweet she is! Wonderful that you all live so close together and that you get to spend a little extra quality time with this little angel!
Cheers!
Evelyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home