Tuesday, March 25, 2008

another pink quilt night


Here is the completed pink guild blocks won in February -binding finished last night. I am jotting down my name etc right on the backing as a "label". I am happy to be able to show this off tonight.

It will be a keeper around here. It's larger than my usual 40 inches by 60 inches charity size.
I quilted it in my usual zoom straight line cross hatch style. One day it may be given away to someone in need-someone who likes pink!

I may squeeze out time this morning and machine stitch the binding on the wall hanging. It is always good to have hand work at a guild meeting.

Please note: the cloth book I made came from a panel-I merely cut it apart on the dotted lines and put it together-however it has inspired some create your own cloth book ideas-which may show up eventually here. These can be found at various shops, like your local quilt shop or maybe Jo-Anns, a local discount fabric shop. They zip up fast, are usually a hit with babies/toddlers and look like more work than they are!
Thanks for all the sweet comments on Alice-also known as LMAIW...littlemissaliceinwonderland. or Alice Wonderful ...awwww for short. so far my one and only grandchild-needless to say the light of my nonna heart.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Blogger jacquie said...

Love this quilt too. I saw another book on Melly and Me's blog. An animal book. Not sure I could handle that since I've never appliqued, but it was a neat idea. I'm on the search for the panels.

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

That's pink all right--well done on another finish!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home