Sunday, March 23, 2008

another Sunday ends in pink


I spent time quilting and making binding this weekend. We also delivered a few Easter presents to Alice-I think the photo sums it up nicely. ( yes, I made that book) if you click the photo, it will get larger.

A photo of the first pink quilt-pieced by a gal in my small charity group and quilted/bound by me. If you click on the photo, it will get larger...
I do a lot of donated top quilting given to our group-it's always nice to get them finished up and ready for shipping off to headquarters. I have the guild top(2nd pink) ready for hand stitching the binding on and the third pink top is waiting for binding to be machine stitched plus a bit more quilting. That third one will count as a finished ufo. All the others are current projects.
A bonus of feeling better - I hit the gym both Saturday and Sunday-not overdoing it, but at least getting some cardio in. got to celebrate a small step back to more "normal". I will wrap u
p the binding by applying it to the convergence wall hanging-quilted though not entirely to my satisfaction-but in the done is better than not done bucket.

So, after I finish more binding, there will follow photos of the various quilts. Once these are all in the done, done catagory-I am taking a break and doing a few personal FUN projects. First and foremost being an idea I want to explore as part of Tonya's summer class assignment. It's been way too long since I played making free form letters and letting those creative juices flow.
I hope your weekend was as much fun as mine! Too bad I have to go back to the office tomorrow-I feel like I am just getting warmed up in here...


Labels:

8 Comments:

At 5:23 AM, Blogger jacquie said...

You MADE that book! It is wonderful, and what a great Easter gift!

 
At 5:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a quilted book? How did you put it together? Is there a common pattern one could google for to get an idea how it's done? I think it's a neat idea... :)

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

Oh...look at those little curls dancing around Alice's face! She's adorable! Lovely gifts.

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Pam said...

Love that little curl hanging down by LMAIW ear! she is a doll baby for sure!

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Samantha said...

Alice is getting so big- and ever cuter!

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Holly said...

I, too, am very impressed with that book you made! Will there be a tutorial in the future? Perhaps you could offer a class. I know there would be a lot of takers :) Pretty pink quilt, too.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

All together now---awwwwww. What a cutie! Is she holding a sock in her little hand? Any holiday is better with a little person around so you can see it through their eyes.

Good job on her book and the pink quilts, plural definitely!

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger meggie said...

Lovely book, but gorgeous baby!! She is so beautiful.
I like the colours of the pink quilt too, very pretty.
Thankyou so much for visiting my blog, & leaving a comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home