Thursday, March 27, 2008

last finish for a while

again, click for a closer view.
It's been fast and furious hasn't it? That is what happens when you go on a quilting marathon and then have a stack waiting to be trimmed and bound-it seems you have a whole lot of finishes in a very short time. Actually, a few of these were pinned for quite a while waiting to be quilted. Here is the last of the pink quilts until I sketch out the quilting design on the remaining pink pinned top-I am going to be lazy and try and draw it on without unpinning it! anyway- this is a small donated top, that came about from taking apart the much larger quilt top it was originally. I managed to get two charity quilts that way! I ended up doing very dense and fun free motion quilting on it-not real stippling but sorta, kinda. At any rate, I had a total blast quilting it. I pulled scrap green binding from the bags of leftover bindings and it worked great. This will be going into a box destined for children in need in Mexico-check out my sidebar under Pam to learn more.
Would you believe it? I fell asleep last night designing a special baby quilt for a special long distance friend! In digging out my cute preprinted labels I found some great little kid fabric stashed away with them. I noticed a great floor tile design at some bathroom, somewhere that has stuck in my head as being a terrific quilt pattern idea. I think I will at least, sketch it out and play with some size ideas. I mean, I could use this idea as a leader/ender project while diving into my summer class project right? Isn't it great when a new idea comes to you??

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger Holly said...

Fast and furious - you took the words right out of my mouth :) Beautiful both this and the convergence. I was watching you all make the convergence and enjoyed the process.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger jacquie said...

Fast and furious indeed...a quilting factory at your house. I wish I could be this productive. You are an inspiration for us starters aka non finishers!

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

A wonderful quilt! You did a great job on the meander/stipple. Regarding the new / proposed baby quilt--isn't it wonderful where inspiration for a new quilt can come from! *VBG*

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Finn said...

My oh my, it has been fast and furious! And what a great looking quilt! I'm impressed...you go girl!
The kids will love it.
And three cheers for stash busting and making a baby quilt *VBS* Keep up the good work. Hugs, Finn

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Emily Cole said...

I love that quilt - great job getting things done so quickly! I am trying desperately to get moving on some projects, but other things just keep coming up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home