Wednesday, July 16, 2008

day three of Sisters photos...







Here's the thing- so far I have uploaded 12 photos to my flickr site- cher0427 is the name I use-however, they have been taking forever to load. So...I am going to keep posting a few here until I get them all up there. I know lots of folks are putting up their own photos too-I am sure you can find them by going to flickr and putting in Sisters Quilt Show.
And, I am also showing my progress on my summer class-my k project. Also, more good news, my longarm quilter has my jigsaw puzzle top on her frame. woohoo! ok..my project is pretty obvious-it's not pieced together except for the letters..I still need to play around with all the color around them.

I am uploading from Sisters a series of quilts from a class given by someone-sorry I did not jot down their name-but they all have black and white four patches in them...and thanks for the great comments..out of 1,200 quilts I only took photos of about 90 of them-and some are multiple shots, or someone walked in front of me as I was taking the photo. Plus, I chose not to take photos of quilts that, though beautiful, are not my style- there were quilts of every possible type- civil war, 30's, plaids, brights, hand dyes, batiks, on and on...you get the idea.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 3:52 AM, Blogger Clare said...

Oh oh oh - I love them. Hav eyou remembered her name.

I love the K's too.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I love this! I will have to try this out with some of my scrappy blocks. It looks like they are sewn together like Twist blocks. Partial seam on the 1st side...I will have to think on this...I LOVE puzzles...

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Michele Bilyeu said...

I've been uploading about 30 or so a day...I'm on Picasa not Flikr but a quick click on my blog will take you there. I've got several with you and Doni as the people in my background..ha ha. Wonder how that is? I really thought you two were keeping better track of me!!!!

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Roslyn said...

Omigosh those quilts are amazing-what was the class called?
Roslyn

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Helen in the UK said...

Aren't those b/w 4 patch quilts AMAZING!! Great way to set crumb blocks or orphans. Thanks for sharing :)

 
At 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to join so badly! I am a lib quilter. Love Gwens books, remember way back a funny little house she made and I was hooked, Buggy Barn Q are another of these that I do all of the time, fun quilts, O Please may I join!
Kathy in Overgaad, Az
kelleyfarms@wmonline.com
Where may I sign up??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home