Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thursday morning just chatting

I pulled and washed fabric for the backing to piece for the Koi top-but just ran out of steam to actually cut fabric last night. I got home on the very late side having driven across town to have my bangs trimmed. Every few months my hair stylist place of business is included in an art walk event, and he had a friend upstairs hanging her paintings. Naturally I went up to check it out and it turned out she also was a quilter. I had brought my Kindness quilt to show to my hair stylist as over the years we have become good friends. At any rate, it was fun to pull it out and hear rave comments on it and the artist and I exchanged contact info so when she is ready to dive back into quilting we will get together. She wants to play with "painting" on fabric and I am totally up for playing along. We both love color and it was so inspiring to meet a fellow artist who shares a similar approach in terms of color use and abstract design. In blogland I can find plenty of like-minded quilters/artists to enjoy, it's a little more challenging to find them in person where I live. And, that has a lot to do with the fact that I have a day job I need to go spend 9 hours at. She and I agreed, boy would we prefer to be working away on our art when inspired than having to stop and go make a living!
I can't say I am inspired to work on this back, it's just at this point in my brain, a chore I must do. I have committed to tonight being my deadline to finish it so tomorrow I can drop it off at the quilter's house. I find I need to push myself with a time goal at this stage of the quilt game.
I need to settle on the quilt design for the booty swap project -I drew out one idea, but now a few others have come to me. I don't want to cut my time working on it too short, so that is the next step, settle on a design and get started.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7:01 AM, Blogger jovaliquilts said...

What a bit of good fortune to run into a fellow artist/quilter! I find it's always helpful to have someone working on the same kinds of projects you are.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Sweet P said...

How fun to run into a fellow artist with your same art desires. Enjoy your time together.

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

that's wonderful you've found someone like-minded to play with fabric!

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger Gina said...

I had loads of ideas for the Booty Swap. In the end I just ahd to grit my teeth and settle on the first design that 'spoke' to me.

Love and hugs gina xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home