Wednesday, February 11, 2009

stuff

long ago on a now defunct quilting list, Karen C used to do "stuff" posts.
I love how you can learn so much from others online.
So, until I decide to try turning my sewing machine on and seeing if I can manage to sew some scraps together, I will just post general stuff.
Life is full of things to post about. I am reading more online-though not as much as I thought I would be-I actually am dealing with necessary though boring paperwork.

I tied my boots yesterday, myself (each day I delight myself with doing something left handed that I never otherwise would have thought to try)-another small feat achieved. Now, I appreciate those natural left handed folks snickering at me-I am laughing right along with you!

I happen to live with someone that is not a nurturer by instinct. I chalk it up to growing up as a little sister-those of you like myself who are first borns, will know what I am alluding to. Plus, I was just born with an overwhelming "mom" gene I believe. So, unless I speak up and fast in the mornings-I get to master any number of small every day tasks, like fixing my own lunch. I always have a sliced up apple for example. And, I can now safely cut my own apple. I enjoy being self sufficent, so these minor accomplishments just tickle me. Besides, I need to have a decent lunch-driving out to lunch is just not part of my budget-though today I have a lunch date with my dil. I am looking forward to visiting with her!
oops-typing one handed sucks up a lot of time...got to run-the day job requires I actually show up.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

I am impressed with the list of skills you are mastering with your left hand! You have even managed to squeeze in a little left hand piecing! Way to go!

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

I sometimes will deliberately try to do some things left handed. It makes me think about the task plus strengthens my left hand/arm.

Good that you are able to do some of those tasks that you probably barely gave a thought to before.

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Sweet P said...

Ouch! I'm sorry to hear about your fall and broken finger. Isn't it amazing what we can learn to do if we have to learn it? Just think about all the new talents your adding to your list. I hope your finger heals quickly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home