Monday, January 12, 2009

2nd word house


I made this while working on the FABS challenge, sort of as a leader/ender type approach. Which is probably why I used that strip of green at the bottom-it's part of what I am working with creating the FABS challenge. The second block of Tonya's class - see sidebar link of House etc and I already threw in some print.

My challenge to myself may be making something using ONLY solids this year. I sent in my Sisters workshop and programs form the day after it arrived at my house.
One of the classes being offered is by Gwen Marston (see sidebar for link) and is all about solid log cabin liberated blocks. And, I could not resist and jumped in on the Project Improv group going on as well. It's the quilting direction I have been moving along and this will just be more of the same joy to do.

January so far has not seen as much stitching as I planned-however, once some of this 2008 overlapping paperwork is dealt with-watch out! my machine should be smoking as I put the petal to the medal. Ok, so I am not all that fast when it comes to piecing letters..! however, I have been playing with new ones and the learning curve is too funny. I made several attempts at a small "m" and kept doing my slants backwards...however...I just kept at it until it came together in my brain and with the fabric.

I am limiting my computer time to morning only-before leaving for work that is. I can read yahoo emails at work (thank goodness!) but there is a firewall to anything else-like blog reading!

I am content to pop in and catch up with various blogs as time allows. So, if you receive a very late comment...it's just me...catching up with you...and wanting you to know what I thought.

And, thanks to the fabulous blog links and/or other cool links-I seem to be traveling all over the internet lately!

Here is a recent book I just could not resist buying-oh my! the most fabulous, wonderful, and inspiring quilts in one book.

This week has only one evening commitment-visiting the Alice on Tuesday night. woohoo!
And, I have Wednesday off as my bonus day off. The square for that day in my planner says, day off.....period. Which means- I can do exactly as I please that day. Apart from if I stay home, I am the dog door person that is.

Balance means this week - a bit of working hard, more time playing, and a few want to do tasks thrown in.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger jovaliquilts said...

I joined Project Improv, too. It should be fun! I've seen that art quilt book but I don't own it. Looks terrific.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Hmmmm not much of a hint there, LOL but I love the shade of green. It will contrast nicely with that tropical camo. I think you said that the green tone on tone is included as well?

Good for you to continue sewing where your heart is leading you. I'll try to remember that you are off on Wednesday and join you for cyber sewing if you are home. I should be quilting on my project by then, hopefully.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Twisted Quilts said...

Looks like you are doing better than I am with your balance. I have several commitments this week and I haven't figured out when I am going to get to do what I want to do. I love Gwen's approach to solids. I am doing Project Improv too.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Rosalyn Manesse said...

I love your post, as I haven't had any "Hot Fun" in a long time....

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Clare said...

Have only just discovered Project Improv and think I'm too late - way behind as usual. I really hope you get into Gwen's class. I'm green with envy at the thought.

I love what you are doing with the solids and houses.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I'm the same Cher, spending more time quilting this month than blog reading but I'm happy with my progress so I'll catch up with everyone later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home