Monday, March 07, 2011

just saying...

How ever did it get to be March already? well, I continue to flounder with my camera and uploading photos and then finding them...some updates to my various camera/photo programs and I am not quite on top of dealing with trying to put any photos into this post. In fact, I lost my last post searching for the link to Saturday's entirely too much fun sewing time with my beloved FABS.

This year our challenge is sending fun stuff to each other for our birthdays. ah, a different kind of pressure/deadline! The January birthday FAB delayed her celebration and Saturday was it.

Oh the laughter as she opened her gifts "online" and we shared her joy and delight in each item.

Everyone did a fabulous job!!! One of the gals had come across the u-tube of this pattern and the birthday gal decided it would be so much fun to sew on her special day. And so we did!

Most of us followed the directions, but I think some of us would do it differently next time. I unearthed a several year old jelly roll I bought at market when it was here in Portland and was delighted with the result. And, the pattern used all of the jelly roll except for 18 inches...hurray for stash busting ! It's a Moda line called Butterfly Fling and when I have the mental energy I will post the top I finished. It truly did go fast...not counting time spent on joining all those strips.

It's off to work time and so...at the very least I have finally posted again with a mental exclamation to not take so darn long...as there is much more to be said...!

oh...note to last person that left a comment, you were a no-reply poster so I could not email you back and say thanks for stopping by...always enjoy a new reader...
!



Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Cher, would it help to just use the image you shared with us on Saturday. Get it off the private blog? Just a thought.

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Pam said...

Cher, I too have plenty to say but few posts this year...gotta keep on with my desire to blog...but where-oh-where the time to do so will be found, I have no idea.

Saturday was simply a FABulous day...thanks for being one of my FAB pals!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger jovaliquilts said...

I think it would be lots of fun to make that quilt on a day when you want only some mindless sewing! And what a great donation quilt, too.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

That looks like a fun project to do with friends! Would love to see your quilt top, when you can.

I know it's hard to find time to blog - I'm having the same issue. But I do enjoy your blog when you post. Hope you can solve your photo issue soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home