Sunday, October 24, 2010

October almost over....and....

Spring and Fall...my energy lift seasons. I love this time of year! And, it is a huge help to be feeling almost 100% healthy again- my shoulder/arm are back in full motion and I can even lift Alice Wonderful 40 pounds and nearly 4.5 years old now.

So? last weekend we spent a huge amount of time driving around our local area doing this.

Talk about amazing talent and inspiration galore! One of my favorites is Pam Grow, as her featured piece reminded me of a piece my son Eli made when he was a child doing clay class during the summer days back in GP Oregon. I saved and use several of the clay creations both my sons made during those fun summer times. One sits on my desk at work and another on our kitchen window sill...treasures!!

Pam doesn't have a website but many of the artists we enjoyed visiting do and one of them that I will be taking a workshop in January is here.

The glass work was fabulous....a few pieces had to come home with us. I will save taking classes for later in my life. I still have far too many quilt ideas stuffing my brain to add another art craft to!

My occasion book tells me I will be celebrating 5 years of having this blog on November 27th.

I think I could do something...to celebrate that fact. Suggestions?

For now, I am going to do my best to post when I have both the time and the joy....

meanwhile...Alice is on her way over and gosh...I have a bit of sewing left to get done before they roll into the driveway!

you all have a fabulous Sunday and hope the bit of sunshine here finds a way to light up your life.

Cher

4 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, Blogger Michele Bilyeu said...

I'm feeling the sunshine again, Cher..and I'm glad you are too! And Miss Alice is 4 1/2..where does all the time go? I'm delighted your arm is better and that you have fun things to see and do. It all helps, doesn't it? I hear Mt Hood got its first snow this weekend, but as long as last nights rain storm is over, and the sun came out today in Salem.....heck, it's all good!Finn is doing her New Year's Eve Challenge on her blog, again..sign up and get your sewing mojo revved up!

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Hey GF, good to see you smiling face again at the blog.
So good to hear you are nearly 100% Hope that is it for medical needs for a long while!!
Gosh, I was just thinking about that same 5 years of blogging that you mention...my anniversary was back in July. And I was missing in action...but not too late I guess...hmmmm?
Hugs for you and Zoe and Miss Alice, Finn

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Good to see you back, Cher! Even better news that you are feeling so much better than you were. Thank goodness for your sake.

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger Clare said...

Great to see you back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home