Sunday, July 22, 2012

Photo of Max's top

I promised a photo of Max's top so...here it is.


it is not the best photo..sorry, but after wrestling with Picasa for an hour this has to do. And, truly it is not crooked in real life..I just threw it up willy nilly on the design wall..
Next up is putting together the back..I will be using leftover blocks and other fun fabric I set aside.
My trip was a huge success and the only thing I forgot was my tape measure...I changed my mind about one project - meaning, I brought it back home to work with , rather than leave it behind. 

I took up 3 huge bins of fabrics, leftover blocks, half a roll of batting and about 8 tops, at least 6 to 8 backs plus a bolt of white muslin...an excellent purge of all the leftover donated charity fabric plus a generous helping of fabrics I was no longer in love with,  all in all a great trade from my house to Ellens.

I stitched binding on 4 quilts, consulted on go with binding fabrics, helped with finding right sized backs..in general it was a wonderful quilt filled visit with lots of laughter and wonderful conversation. Ellen quilted on her longarm machine 4 quilts while I was doing binding..a wonderful team effort .

 We agreed 3 years was far too long between visits and have plans to get together again before the yearend.

It's great to be back home!
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 12:31 AM, Blogger Clare said...

Sweet quilt. Glad you had so much fun.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Glad you were able to get the top and by now, the quilt all done?

Sorry---with all the quilting going on around here I just have not had a lot of time to stop by to comment.

Soon you will be taking that quilt to the little guy. Hopefully by then the camera/picassa snafus will be behind you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home