Thursday, March 10, 2011

jelly roll quilt photo!


This is the quilt top I made with my FAB -ulous pals last Saturday. The fabric is Moda, Butterfly Fling and really says Spring to me. Once this is quilted up it will live on Alice's bed here...and NOT go home with her either...I intend on keeping this one :-)

Sunday I actually got outside and uncovered our poor daffodils and crocus...did some weeding and enjoyed the results.


Rain has returned in buckets...poor worms are having to learn to swim to survive.

I have been squeezing in hand quilting at work on short breaks...gets me away from the office noise and I am so enjoying the stitching.

I am working on organizing a few local quilting friends for a get together and quilt day before the end of this month...there is nothing more inspiring to me than sewing with good friends!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Blogger jovaliquilts said...

It did come out great! It's sort of a serendipitous quilt in that you don't really know just how it will look until it's done, but if you love the fabrics, you'll love the quilt.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Good on you for keeping this one at your house, Cher. Alice will love snuggling up under those lovely spring colors and butterflies.

Hurray for an in person sew-in with pal. We FABs do what we can long distance but it is not quite the same thing.

 
At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Pam said...

Makes me smile - and all Nonnas need to keep cuddly quilts at hand for the grands to enjoy!

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger Clare said...

Alice will love it.

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

This is really cute. Alice will love this bright, cheery quilt - and I totally agree that it needs to live at your house. You gotta have quilts for the kiddos when they visit!

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Michele Bilyeu said...

And we are STILL having rain! I told DH..mother earth is crying...and then the tsunami hit then I knew our earth was sobbing with big heaving waves, too!

My chickens may learn to swim.

Love Alice's quilt...I just pulled one of my own free patterns to remind me last week that I wanted one of these 'noodles' quilts and I do love your diagonal seam spin on this one!

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Rosalyn Manesse said...

that's a lovely string quilt, I think that it's because of your good sense of combining colors

 

Post a Comment

<< Home