Wednesday, August 08, 2012

progress on Max's quilt

I put together the back over the weekend and last night I pinned the sandwich-now to clear the sewing table and begin quilting.  I am going to do some practicing on free motion quilting first...it's been a few years since I last did that type of quilting, usually I do straight line quilting on donation quilts.

We have been watching the Olympics and enjoying them very much.  Evening hours fly by too fast!

  I did more cleaning out in the garage looking for my small basket of quilting tools...now half of it is cleaned up and put away...I have about 3 good size containers of various paperwork to sort through and a few more containers of fabrics to figure out where to put.

Alice and I have been talking about a new quilt for her.  I asked her if she didn't already have plenty of quilts and the look she gave me was so funny...clearly she thinks more quilts are in order LOL...I am not going to start one for her any time soon..I actually have a pinned to quilt sandwich  in her new favorite colors...pink and purple I did a few years ago when I was making a quilt for my DIL, ( I had bought so much fabric, I made two tops on a quilting retreat).  She has many already and uses all of them in various ways...a lot of tents/forts mostly...it is lovely to see quilts strewn around her house clearly being used.  I noticed her daddy's baby quilt needs a new binding - the edges are getting quite frayed looking-back then I just stitched around like a pillow, no binding to protect the edges at all.

oops!  time this morning is running out...I do have a job to get dressed for and still need to eat breakfast!

Have a most wonderful day all...Cher

1 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

I am so happy to have you back quilting and blogging, Cher! I think I need to get back in the habit of checking to see if you posted though!

Had to laugh at the Alice story---more quilts please, Nana. My oldest nephew said that to my mom once---he wanted lots and lots of "twilts". Well he got one more as a housewarming gift, long after various school graduations and another will be coming his way when he and Julia marry in a few months time. Mom has the top all done and I assume at the long armer by now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home