Saturday, December 31, 2005

ta da ! It's a done deal


It's great to have this quilt done and within the time frame I wanted.
Martie held these up-so they are not the greatest view, but, photos posted is better than not. Did I mention Cody chose red and blue?
I made lots of hst's to play with and finally decided on this design-as it came across the most red/blue.
The large pieces on the back used up those plain/bugs fabric, part of the front fabric used. A very cheerful quilt for a very out going and smiling 12 year old. All from stash too- got to love that.

You can't tell much from the (photo of the) back as what I fixed is way on the bottom which doesn't show in this photo.

I threw in a photo of the label- written in blue with red drawn hearts top and bottom. I machine stitched it in then did the binding- so it should hold up well.

This quilt finished out at 65 by 96 1/2...a very large twin size :-)

Now to find a box big enough to ship this in and mail it off next week. I drove over and picked up a loaner sewing chair until I can find time to hunt down a reasonably priced and comfortable/suitable sewing chair as I took my old chair over to a donation center. It was an expensive Horn chair but the front of it had no support muscle left- if that makes any sense. Suffice to say, it was hurting to sit in it for more than five minutes and I finally got it out of here.

I have an hour before we go across the street for a party with a finish time of 10 pm...these folks clearly do not want us staying too late!

I have been reading blogs and toying with adding a few aspects I have really liked. I don't have the computer skills to add to my sidebar the great goal lists I have seen- but - one of my 2006 goals is to become better at this website biz. A quilter came up with 6 quilts in 2006, which is catchy, but I am going to challenge myself to do more than that. I work full time-but if my job change doesn't happen- I will be not working for who knows how long...last time I got a lot of stuff done around the home and quilting wise. I still have lots of home stuff to finish up...and plenty of quilting left in terms of stash and ufos...I think I will spend some time on my 2006 quilting goals and post later on what I think would work for me.

Nancy, I think I agree with you on answering comments in blogs...going back and reading answers is too time consuming- so either answer in a post or direct email if possible, which sometimes is not of course- but most comments do not require an answer. Although that said, I confess I have answered a few comments and may continue to do so...depending on my time available.


6 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Cher,
What a gift for your nephew! It's gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! Happy 2006 to you and yours!
Hugs
Laurie

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Happy New Year, Cher. This quilt turned out great. If Cody doesn't like it I'd be happy to send you my address. :-)

Been thinking of my 2006 goals and will be posting those once I finish going around and visiting everyone else.

I'm not at all html friendly but I figured out how to add links to my sidebar so I think I'll be able to figure out how to post my goals also. Will find out in a little while.

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Granny said...

Cher:

Great quilt! Love those vertical rows of flying geese. Sounds like the quilt will be going to someone who will definitely love it. And, a huge congratulations on using the stash!

As far as the blog sidebar, it really isn't hard. The good thing is you can do whatever you think you want to do and then hit "preview". If it is all messed up, just delete the changes. If you like it, save the changes. It made me feel more confident knowing I wasn't going to mess everything up.

Good luck with your quilting goals!

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Wow..it looks great! Congratulations on getting it done. And labeled...great job!

About the side bar? Something that you want to add, like links , Blogger stuck the Google thingy and the 2 edit me's on there to show you where to put it and what to type in addition to the address of the link. Check out the template from your Blogger Dashboard and you'll find the "edit me" listing down a ways.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Great cheery quilt! And if he grows TALL it will still cover his feet! I think he will LOVE it for years to come.

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger  Jeanne said...

Happy 2006, Cher! Congratulations on finishing those flying geese! I got my pink and brown one done just in the nick of time, too :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home