Sunday, January 08, 2006

computer quilty

I may have finally read all the blogs in the stash ring...I know I finally read beyond the last time I gave it a go :-)
So many creative and talented quilters...thanks for blogging! the internet has been so great at bringing together like minded people from everywhere to share their passions with.
I did get all Christmas stuff packed away nicely. I even made a list of names from everyone who sent Christmas cards and I cleared some space in my quilting studio..by stacking a lot of it (way too much) on top of my sewing table....not so good. I did send off my nephew's quilt to him with a charming note to tell his mom how to care for it-and he can grow into it too! I mailed off quilty magazines to my best friend in Australia. But the evening was sucked up in shopping for baby stuff, wrapping it, and then vegging here at the computer. That would not be so terrible, except it's late-and I am elected to drive the three plus hours north to the baby shower I convinced M we HAD to go to. There goes my quilty day. Oh yes, I did spend a few hours going through new donated stash and being ruthless in bringing home only what I knew we could use. I had to bring it home as it is smellingly obvious the woman was a smoker. It is airing out in the garage until I find time to wash/dry it.

So the scrap bin didn't get touched and I only moved the mess around in my quilting studio-though I did take out a few things.. and the sandwiched quilt is calling to be free motioned quilted....I could dump all this stuff back on the floor and be quilting in ten minutes...but I think I will resist and get some sleep instead.

4 Comments:

At 6:38 AM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

I'm sure you'll really enjoy the quilting when you get to it. And having a clean/tidy work space, at least for a while can be very insipring

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger  Jeanne said...

Wow, Cher! You're getting waaaaay Organized! I get anxious sometimes, too, with all the projects that I have lined up to work on versus the reality of life :)

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Finn said...

It does take awhile to get around that ring doesn't it?? LOL..I think so too, as I log 2+ hours doing it..but what the heck?

I'd say good for you for deciding to go to the baby shower. Probably the best thing you could do..*VBS* Congrats on getting so much stuff done!!

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Sure is a chore to get through all of the blogs, huh? (I read those that replied to my posts first & then catch as catch can....)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home