Monday, January 02, 2006

today's quilt photo


I not only put in five minutes- I put in a lot more time! I finished my charity top- and hope to do several more before the month ends. The block is the scrap block from http://www.sewquilty.com/History/0311.html
which someone linked to last July and I printed it off and put it in my to do for charity quilts folder/pile.
Absolutely pulled from the scrap heap- some from previous quilts and some from donated fabrics-all from "stash".

It is about 40 by 60 our target size for our group. Now, do I go ahead and sandwich it and quilt it...or do more piecing? For now, I am headed to the living room, will hand quilt and watch the end of the Georgia football game.

A good ending for the day, at a reasonable hour even.

2 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

If you like the size - leave it be. A small checker-board/scrap border might be one possibility to finish it off. Got to love scrap quilts - so many options.

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Finn said...

This is a great top..perfect for what it is needed for...and you go it together soooo fast!! Good job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home