Thursday, January 12, 2006

what I am working on tonight



A month ago my small quilt group met and I took on 3 blocks to stitch together for one of our members. We have been taking turns bringing in a started project - and everyone in the group taking block pieces and working on them-sort of ufo help. I missed the applique gal's project-which was fine with her and me-it's not my favorite thing to do currently. Anyway-tomorrow night we meet and I finally sat down to stitch these blocks up. I had to do a refresher on curved piecing. Here is one block done and the next two I will do next. I stopped to take a photo-and have since done another step on them. I also took a photo of my current hand quilting of the wall hanging (2003 ufo) which I am doing each day and more in the evenings as my time allows. You can't see the quilting on the wall hanging-I need to change the lighting or something...but it's not done and there will be another photo once it is done. The wall hanging will then be a part of this room-or I may attach it to the door to this room-it's rather how this room currently looks!

5 Comments:

At 5:15 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

What a great idea - guild members helping each other finish up UFO's.

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger The Calico Cat said...

What a great idea! I love the idea of UFO help!

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Curves, man, that's something that I haven't learned to do yet. Maybe a class on that is in order for the spring. Cute wall hanging! And so true for all of us!

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

Love the idea of "help" with those UFOs might get me working...

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Great idea! Love the bright wallhanging too! Curved piecing gives me the cold sweats! LOL
Hugs
Laurie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home