Sunday, April 02, 2006

color theory class wrap up


This was a pretty standard type color class-we did a color wheel from a kit of fabrics provided. I like the fact that we used fabric..and we did lots of fun pages using these fabrics to show different relationships with color.
The last page is the one below the wheel. That color by the way is supposed to be red/orange. We then chose a postcard from a selection the teacher had and went out in the quilt shop and pulled colors to make a quilt that matched the post card. I pulled 11 bolts of fabric..choosing to skip certain elements in the postcard - and then each of us had to explain what type of quilt we would make using the fabrics. Very fun-one gal pulled 5 fat quarters for hers. It sure gave you a good time of playing with fabrics and colors and textures and design.

I have three blank pages left to work on that we did not get to in class. I have some new books to track down and study to further expand those color horizons.
I actually cut some strips from a scrap heap today. I have an upcoming class later this month and decided to buy the book early and do some playing to warm up for the actual class.

5 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Hey Cher, good to see you again..hope the days off were restful. They sure sound like fun!

Great job with the color wheel class..*VBS* I love the new blog look too..great choice for that side bar and personally, I LOVE the purple!!! Hugs, Finn

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Cool, I know I should take a color class, but "I really don't care." I use what I want where I want... Yours sounded like a lot of fun!

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Hunter said...

I made a color wheel quilt, too. It was so much fun.

Your class looks like fun. Welcome back.

Darilyn

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

Your color wheel class sounds fun. I think that so many are afraid of color theory. I ALWAYS take my little mini color wheel when I teach a class. I tell the students that the oclor wheel is my "license" to try anything! If there are color combos that I am thinking about...then the wheel is my vehicle!

Your Rail Fence and the maverick block look fresh and fun. I've been meaning to do a curvatious Rail Fence. So many quilts, so little time.... ;-)

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

Glad to have you back! Hope your respite was refreshing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home