Friday, March 24, 2006

top 25 list and stuff

No photos this time around...I have been sidetracked with other "more important" stuff. Really would have rather been quilting...truly.
So...top 25 ...not on my ufo list....hmmmm.....

1.Jigsaw puzzle - designer Stephen Seifert & Liz Schwartz. (I saw this quilt first at a quilt shop in Perth-no pattern there, came home and hunted it down!)
2. a string star (inspiration Bonnie Hunter's website Quiltville.com)
3. another blooming nine patch
4. a lone star
5. an I-Spy
6. 1,000 pyramids
7. Endless Possiblilities (a Ruth Powers pattern)
By the way, these are all pieced quilts...I am still dragging my feet to tackle those applique blocks!

I know there are more patterns and books and magazines with marked ideas, plus designs that are forming in the back of my mind too. I just have not organized them well enough to be able to list them.
I am not in a rush to do most of those on my list either...just sometime before I put down my needle and quilt no more.

Life is Good:
Friends that push and prod you to step outside your comfort zone.
An easy meal made by both of you
A warm fire and a napping dog
The end of a very good week
New ideas percolating

6 Comments:

At 11:37 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Okay, Cher---I am up waaaaaay past my bedtime tonight but I did some last minute tinkering that turned into an hour or so, LOL. Graphic added and graphics button that links back. Maybe one of these days we will actually know what we are doing? Well, I guess we knew enough to get your sidebar straightened out anyway, LOL.

It looks great and way easier to read!

Now off to bed with me before I met myself coming and going.

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Love the list Cher!! And thank you for breaking the ice..LOL. I've been reluctant to post my 25...because the quilts I'd still like to make aren't from anyones purchased pattern.
I do have one or two that are, like you, the jigsaw pattern that I hunted down after seeing it in a quilt show. And the one I posted eons ago, The Last Saturday in October, the tesselated maple leaves. Beyond that, it's just that I like the look of a certain block, like Joseph's COat (63 or 54 pieces per block) and want to play with that. So many layouts for Jacob's Ladder, etc. It's kind of a someday list I guess...rather than real goals, for me. *VBS* Thanks again for breaking the ice on the pond...Hugs, Finn

P.S. Sidebar looks great,much easier to read..*S*

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Hunter said...

What a great list Cher. There are a couple I have to go look up because I haven't seen them. It's so much fun to see what people are thinking about.

Thank you for sharing your list.

Darilyn

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Hey! I have some of those same quilt patterns on my NEXT list of 25! My sewing time is on hold this week too - my sewing is packed away - we are getting ready to head out of here. Sigh. I put my specialty rulers in a suitcase, but have to leave my scraps behind - as Judy said, I am sure I will want a particular fabric over the summer!

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

Even more than your sharing of your partial "Top 25"...I love your "Life is Good" excerpts! Great thoughts!

Your letters are terrific too!

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger  Jeanne said...

Enjoyed your To-Dos and your Grats!
Jeanne :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home