Friday, April 07, 2006

quilt show day

Clark County Quilters
Show..

Barbara Yanno made this quilt...her last name has changed, but, I didn't note it-this is one quilt-it has the lightest weight of batting used and the most dense quilting-the close up tries to show how much. She teaches at a quilt shop not too far from me...and does amazing things with thread-those black plant shapes are all thread painted. I have one more quilt photo to share and then my card filled


up and it's been too long since I learned how to delete photos...so trust me- there were lots of fantastic quilts at this show-from beginners to one accepted at Paducah. I wish I had the time to go back and look at them all again. All styles were there-all colors...it was a wonderful feast for the eyes. I came home inspired.

4 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

Wow, they're all lovely.

I tend to be scared of trying to sew circle-shapes - tried a drunkard's path sampler block and never did get it to lay flat - so quilts like these leave me in awe.

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Lovely quilts!

 
At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like you had so much fun!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Darcie said...

Oh, Cher. Your pics of the quilts of Barbara Yanno's just give me such a great feeling...calming. How gorgeous! I'd love to see them in-the-fiber. Lucky you! Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home