Tuesday, May 30, 2006

today's progress

the quilty stuff:Another fan hand quilted-with two basketball games taped today, tonight I can look forward to at least 4 hours of more hand quilting. I cut and started sewing up the diaper stacker. I am recalling why I quit making these sorts of things from patterns...horrid instructions and challenging ways of stitching to end up with a nicely constructed looking product in the end. Oh well, I am not giving up just venting a small amount.
I finally spoke with my longarm gal and as I feared, she is booked through the end of the year. I will call in the beginning of October to book a 2007 spot. I called someone locally I know - we have been discussing my bringing her a quilt and she said come on by today. I zipped out and we had a fine time discussing patterns and chose a varigated thread color. It will probably be done in about six weeks so photos once it is truly done. I am looking forward to seeing how creative she can let herself get...as I am pushing her usual boundaries. She belongs to my guild and knows it will be going in next year's show..I figure that should give her some incentive to really have fun, knowing how everyone will have a chance to check her quilting out.
Warning: moving on to a bug rant: I sat on the front deck quilting today as the bug man came and sprayed the attic and treated around the rest of the house where they can come down through. Yucky stinking stuff! I have every window open and hope all those nasty bugs died instant deaths! It's not that I mind bugs-outside-where they belong. But inside, up on the ceiling above my head when I am in bed, NO THANKS!!! Luckily these bugs will stay gone for at least three to five years after this treatment. And I called at the first one I spotted, though a few more have made an appearance since. They don't eat fabric so at least that is one less worry about them too. I purged the attic getting ready for bug man. Funny how strange things can end up being tossed up there. They are all gone now. Our little home is once again safe from potential parachuting bugs landing on us.

7 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

how much more quilting do you have to do on your quilt by now?

Sorry to hear that the diaper thing is more work than it needs to be but it will make such a nice addition to that nursery once done.

 
At 4:00 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Soon, I'll have diaper stackers and stuff to make too! Still can't post about them on MY blog, though, til the news is out....sigh. One of the hardest things I've ever done is keeping a secret THIS big from my folks! hehe. Hoping dd will make that call soon.
I had the funniest visions of little bug parachutes falling from the ceiling. Bright colored parachutes. Thanks for the visual!

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Fantastic job on the purging...that'll teach those bugs!
That, plus a blast of chemicals!!!

I'm with you..bug..OUTSIDE !

So glad to hear you found a connection for yout quilt top. That's incredible that your long armer is booked that far out..wow!

Had a wonderful time yesterday with DD #1, including the first Dairy Queen of the season(for me). Having it with her, as my treat after the gardening is special, and tucked away in my good memories box *VBS*
Car is making weird brake noises, so today will be partly soaked up in taking care of that...drat!
And then some piecing to renew my soul, but something more fun than a diaper stacker!!! Oh, you are soooo going to love being a granny!! Hugs, Finn

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger ForestJane said...

Parachuting bugs? EEEEEeeek!

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your baby stuff - fun to have it all match!

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Quilts And Pieces said...

Using a new quilter can be exciting and scarey! I can't wait to see what she does! We have these really strange bugs at night here also - I have no idea what they are. I've lived here all my life and never seen them before. YUCK>

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Hunter said...

We're in a longterm battle with ghost ants.

They don't bite DH, but they get me all the time. They are so small you can hardly see them, but do they ever hurt.

Darilyn

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Granny said...

Glad you found a longarmer who could get your top done. I'm sure it will be great and maybe you'll even use her services again!

Judy L.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home