Friday, June 02, 2006

a big step done

I have been feeling under the weather the past several days-which meant I could hand quilt without feeling any guilt at letting everything else slide. Last night I put the last stitch in the hand quilting on Texas baby. Today I hope to squeeze in time to get the top trimmed and the binding machine stitched on one side. I am going to put a label on with blank spaces for name of baby receiving it, but have it stitched down on two sides with the binding. Then I can spend time tonight or over the weekend hand stitching the back side down. I will post a photo once it's completely done. I am so pleased to have this quilt to this stage, well ahead of the mid June deadline I had mentally decided on.
Lots of running around on the day's schedule-but first, back to the gym! Boy, have I missed feeling well enough to go do that-which goes to show you the habit it has become :-)

11 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you feel better ASAP- but I am glad you used the down time to accomplish so much handwork! Can't wait to see it done!

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

congratulations, Cher--I know you put a lot of time and effort into this quilt. Picture please when you get a spare minute?

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Glad you are feeling better! Can't wait to see your finished quilt.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

Sorry you haven't been feeling so good, but glad you've been feeling well enough to hand quilt.

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger sewprimitive karen said...

Yes, we get so dependent on exercise, and feel uggy without it, but that's a Good Thing.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Hunter said...

I hope you keep feeling better and better every day. How wonderful that you accomplished so much when you weren't feeling well.

Darilyn

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hey Cher, 3 cheers for the last stitches in the Texas baby...and a boo! hiss! for feeling under the weather. In Portland, the weather is enough to deal with, don't need to feel awful in addition.

Glad you are on the upswing. I look forward to seeing the pic of the quilt...Hugs, Finn

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

Sorry you're not feeling good, but wtg on quilting time! Can't wait to see pictures.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

Can't wait to see the pictures of the finished quilt. Sorry to hear that you have been under the weather.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Patti said...

I'm sorry you've been under the weather - that's the pits! Sounds like you are feeling better if you are ready to head to the gym.

I'm never ready to head to the gym - but somehow I need to start doing that again!

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Is that a UFO? I thought I saw your name nearing the top of the Queen list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home