Tuesday, October 17, 2006

wall hanging progress

Gasp! I am actually writing and it's not the weekend. About the only time I am getting on my home computer is in the mornings-before work. Yesterday morning, I stitched the last row down.
Last night I laid out and crawled around on the floor pinning the wall hanging. It's a small house-limited options for pinning a larger size quilt-the living room area is the only place possible.
ugh. ok, double ugh. However, it's all pinned and waiting to be quilted. I was going to do a large meander all over it. Naturally I am now wondering if that is really what I want to do. Tonight I will sit down and figure it out. I am wishing I had more time...a big stitch by hand might look really good on it. Of course, hand quilting tee shirts would probably not be a fun thing to do, so nix that idea. I will post a photo once I get it quilted and trimmed...blogger would not allow me to leave any comments this morning- so don't think I am not reading your blogs...I am.

10 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Blogger Quilts And Pieces said...

Yeah, I think hand quilting the t-shirts could be kind of hard. I"d meander!

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hi Cher, good to see you during the week! What great progress on that difficult quilt. I think the meander on a large quilt is going to be tricky by either machine or hand. But I have no doubts you can do it!!!

And how good that will feel when it's done! Keep up the great work, Hugs, Finn

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

Next time, try your local library. They often have big bare tables that're empty in the mornings before the kids get out of school (or before they wake up on the weekends.)

It's also a great way to meet other quilters - when I lay out a project at the library, I always get comments and questions about quilting.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

You definitely don't want to try and big stitch this one by hand! The meandering will look fine.

The T-shirts are the stars here - you just need to hold the layers together and add some texture and the meandering will do that.

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Pinning on the living room floor had to have killed your legs, Cher---making me cringe just thinking of it.

Yep, I'm up too late but maybe can catch you in the a.m. before I start my errands. (Poor Pippi needs litter AND cat food)

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Joyce said...

I always have the same problem as you are experiencing. How to quilt it? I'm sure you will come up with something great.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

Meandering sounds perfect! I can't wait to see it all finished...you've made such progress so fast, Cher! Bet that feels great.

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I too have to pin on the lounge floor - seriously not nice on the knees - the sacrifices we have to make for our art :o)

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Susan said...

What fun it will be to see the whole thing, when you are finished!

 
At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think handquilting Ts would NOT be much fun! Can't wait to see it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home