Saturday, December 02, 2006

Alice and Christmas socks



Spent the day playing with Alice while her parents went and got their Christmas tree and decorated-we had the very important job of supervising! I feel somewhat sad, that my mom did not live to share this first Christmas with Alice-in fact, she missed her birth all together. This is such a beloved child by all of us - we all feel so lucky she is such a happy baby and in our lives.
So- here is today's photo of miss Alice Wonderful...busy playing..and socks..the red one belongs to her...the others are now in the mail on their way to Texas. This week I will start decorating for Christmas and with luck may even finish a Christmas themed ufo. No, I don't mean I can finish it in a week, I mean I will work on it until Christmas! I have all the squares cut for my scrap project and that leaves many, many triangles still waiting-I think I will use the scrappy quilt project as a leaders/enders while working on the Christmas ufo...I need to feel some quilting progress being made! life has just been hectic with....life stuff.

13 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Miss Alice Wonderful - I like that! She certainly looks like she is a happy baby and how lucky she is to have so many to love her.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Darlene said...

She's an adorable and precious baby! Enjoy her always!

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Patti said...

She gets more beautiful ever day - I can tell by seeing all her pictures. I don't know how you can stand not to just keep her for yourself! What a beautiful little girl!

Sounds like a plan - working on a Christmas project. Do that enough Decembers and it will be finished one day. I just couldn't resist - forgive me! :-)

Need to get together in January for sure - OK? I'm sure I can find a Saturday to devote to cutting scraps!

 
At 4:16 AM, Blogger Joyce said...

Alice is ultra-cute. I can't believe how fast they grow. My first little grandchild is now 19 and much taller than I am. When did that happen????

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger Sweet P said...

Alice is a beautiful young lady. I'm sure she is going to enjoy Christmas a lot this year.

 
At 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby -- lucky you got to babysit! She looks like a happy child.

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Gail said...

One of lifes greatest joys-playing with grandchildren! She is beautiful.

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

Ohhh...she certainly is Alice Wonderful! What a doll!

Very sweet Christmas stockings! Looks like they'll hold some pretty terrific things inside!

 
At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She looks like a little doll baby! I know you are enjoying your time together--a series of first's for her.

The stockings turned out well especially with that cool trim!

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hi Cher, I must say that Sweet Alice Wonderful gets more beautiful each time I see her...*VBS* I think she must take after you..*S*
Oh yes, the stocking look great also..! Hugs, Finn

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Great job finishing up your Christmas socks and working on UFO's. Baby Alice Wonderful is getting BIG! So great that you get time to enjoy her!

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cher, she is so gorgeous. I am certain your mom is somewhere where she can take joy in Alice, as well. Just like my grandparents are watching my babies grow...

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger Pam said...

Little Missy Alice is Wonderful is just darling...and look at her grow! Happy baby, happy grandma!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home