Monday, June 11, 2007

a quilty this, a quilty that


See? I actually not only did some cutting, but, a few more rings are up...the arrangement may change, but for now this is how it is. I switched out machines in my cabinet-what a royal pain that was...I had to keep fussing until I had it exactly at the right height for the Bernie. I did that last night and then did other things. Tonight I was ready to sew. I hemmed some pants for my sweetie - one item off the ironing board, check. I had the walking foot on, so decided to stitch binding onto the two waiting charity quilts. I also stitched the labels on at the same time. Then I stitched up the next row of my rainbow rail fence trip around the world-rrftatw...got that? I now need to make more strip sets for more rail blocks...phooey. That brought me to cutting. I cut up a fair amount of wow and the next two rings worth of colors. In the morning I will be able to sit down and stitch the hsts. I ran out of bobbin thread and decided I needed a lighter color for this project anyway, wound a bobbin-set it up and decided I was done for the night. I have Wednesday off and will spend several hours that day making headway on this particular project. It's the deadline one of course..but I am working on at least two to three other projects as well-it is really helping me not feel too overwhelmed at the huge amount of cutting that still lies ahead on this wedding quilt. I am excited at my choice of colors and figuring them out as I go along-all the color strips are cut...and some wows are cut-all are now washed and so I can pull a variety as I feel the need. Once I am happy with the 8th ring of color and the placement...then I will stitch these all together. Feedback is welcome once I get the rest of the rings up ....the last color will probably be a shade of purple-it's cut and waiting.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sis,

I have your blog book marked but don't come and check it out often enough. Very cool to see the quilt you are making for Ryan & Miranda. You are one busy, busy woman! Talk to you soon, Love Patty

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Samantha said...

These rings are so much fun!

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Norma said...

I love the rings..........colors are great. What a lucky couple to start married life with a quilt made with love just for them.

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Holly said...

The wedding quilt is looking so nice! You sure are a busy woman and get so much done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home