Sunday, December 09, 2007

making a list and ...


Well, the first round of Christmas-y fabrics are packaged and will be mailed tomorrow morning. Check that off the list! It took all yesterday afternoon and into the evening to achieve the results in the photo- meaning, washing, drying, and ironing fabric-especially some of the yardage pieces takes hours! However, we won't dwell on that boring aspect, instead we will be delighted with the results-neatly folded fabric, put away nicely. You will note two fabrics show the back side-we all know we pay for both sides and in the case of these fabrics, I expect to be using the "back" side the majority of the time. I am so glad I am so over the gold flecked/toned fabrics...who knew it could be so...overwhelming? What was I thinking? These are the keeper fabrics and will be showing up in various projects this month and into next year I suspect. And see those strips? all for the first two steps of Bonnie's mystery quilt that is such a hit with so many online quilters. I will be working on those as leader/enders as I work on those projects I made a list of today.
Speaking of which, I am a bit stumped for inspiration for doing the Winter swap I signed up for. I mean, I have a few ideas...but nothing that clamors to be acted upon immediately...I am going to keep mulling ideas over for a while longer and then do some mock ups.
All the Christmas decorations are down from the attic and waiting to be put up around the house. I grocery shopped this morning as ice particles were drifting down. {we only got a mere dusting of the white stuff and it did NOT last long} I have 3 quiches to make tonight. 2 will go to work with my sweetie-a thank you for all the kindnesses her co-workers showered on her while she was recuperating from knee replacement surgery. One for dinner tonight and leftovers for later in the week. I love to cook so I am always elected to do this sort of extra stuff- you know the drill, while you are doing such and such, would you mind making one, two, three more? We ran down to the lqs where my Bernina spent the night after being restored to top working order-one day turnaround service at this time of year makes them my number one favorite place to not only buy a machine from but to take it back for service. We took Zoe as Becky the repair woman has a real soft spot for her- believe me the feeling is mutual! When we were bringing Zoe home as a new puppy, this lqs was our first stop- and everyone there has been her number one fan ever since. It's nice to know your dog is welcome at your favorite lqs! I was going to stay up late last night and get stuff done, but, just felt too tired-so it was off to bed after watching a fun movie- Raising Helen. I am hoping with my machine back and the first small project done and in the to be mailed bag-I will keep that momentum going. And, the bag of give away fabric purged from yesterday's photo is by the door.
Ok...back to the machine and the next item on the project list!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger Pam said...

Wow...just looking at all that fabric makes my back ache from all the ironing YOU did! It is always nice to have it folded and on the shelf waiting to become whatever it is to become

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

"Raising Helen" is one of my favorite movies! I never tire of that one. And you deserved to kick your feet up after all of that ironing.

You may find inspiration for the Winter Swap when least expecting it. I know you will come up with something so clever, Cher! Maybe even a look back into some finished projects and processes?

Love the quiche idea. Something I would love receiving...but rarely make for myself (ourselves). How thoughtful of you!

Happy winter to you!

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Angie said...

I would love to have some of your Christmas fabrics (if they aren't already spoken for). :> And I have to echo Darcie...the quiches are a wonderful idea! Happy Holidays!

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

The end results are sparkling like little jewels on the table there so it was all worth it in the end.

I put that companion ruler in the mail on Monday a.m. so it should be showing up soon. Have fun!

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Good for you for getting so much done. A one day turnaround for machine repairs is fantastic any time of the year let alone this time. Stay well and warm!

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Michele Bilyeu said...

You love to cook and you're such a good quilter too! Whoa...you do set the bar high ;) Hope your sweetie's knee is getting better and better, but with you sending quiches for kindness, the co-workers are going to want it to get worse. Ha. ;) Also, Congrats to your graduating son! Now, I've met you and you're definitely not very tall, but next to you he is more than tall. Nice looking young man and you ought to be a proud mama as well, grandmama and Zoemama, too!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home