Monday, December 03, 2007

remember this quilt?



This was the Wraptheminlove raffle quilt- the one I promoted folks to buy tickets for in our area and at my work place ( and here too). The drawing was last Saturday and I missed seeing who had won on the website...so I called up and asked, who won??? She said, it's posted on the site...and I said, but I didn't see it ! ok, I will go look...then with a lot of laughing I was told, I was the winner! Yes, yes, yes!!! I was thrilled with this news- as I truly loved this quilt, a lot due to so many friends contributing blocks to make it and Linda and her mom designing it and putting it together so perfectly and then Ellen quilting it, and best of it all the funds were going to support one of my favorite charities. Once a label is put on, it will wing it's way back to me for good! I am so glad I decided to buy even more tickets than I first planned. It certainly paid off.

Todays good news continued on this evening with a phone call from my son who lives in Texas. He has been going to college there, working so hard, and graduates on the 15th of this month-worrying about not having a job. I kept telling him the job would come...just graduate first! He accepted a job offer today and starts on the 19th! I am so thrilled for him...and as any parent would also know- so relieved too! I am just one proud mama right now.

And, I finally sat down and started the hand work on a binding too tonight. I really enjoy doing hand work and with a two hour season opener of The Closer tv show to watch, plus an extra night of Life as well....lots of stitching has been done.

Finally, I forgot to include the terrific machine quilting class I took in November- I guess there was a lot more quilty stuff that went on than I realized.

One of the best things about doing a blog is the tracking it does of what you spend your time doing....I am looking forward to 2007 in review...I am sure a lot more happened than I remember!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 11:01 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

What wonderful good news--a lovely quilt that will now live with you permanently and a son that is graduating with a promise of employment! Yes, the benefits of blogging are that all the events in our life whether they be big or small are captured for future reflection.

 
At 5:12 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

That is too funny, Cher!!! Congratulations on the win! That is a lovely quilt...and will be perfect in your home.

A big "Cheers" to your son too with his exciting future! That's got to feel good!

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

OHHH I am happy dancing for you, Cher, on both counts--your winning the quilt and Ryan's good news.

I had been wondering as well who had won the quilt thinking she would call or email the winner--who knew that it was on the website?!

You know that quilt looked pretty darned good on my bed when Mom and I were assembling it. May just have to make another in order to have one like it.

It only takes one ticket to win, of course but it helps the odds to sweeten the pot of course for our fav charity, right? WTIL has an excellent cheerleader and active participant in you so you certainly deserve it.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

How lucky is that?? I've never won a quilt raffle but I really would like to!

I'm just about to get my pink HeartStrings top and work on stitching the binding down. I know I won't sleep tonight because I need to be up at 3:30AM to get ready for my trip. I might as well use the time wisely.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

How wonderful that you won - it is a beautiful quilt!!! I am sure it will have a special place in your home.

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Joanne said...

Congratulations are definitely in order! Winning the quilt -- how lucky you are! and to your son -- congrats on graduating and finding a job!

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Patti said...

Congratulations - however belated! I'm doing a happy dance around my office for you. I can hardly wait to see this quilt! If you have it now, and you are coming tomorrow night, please bring it so I can see it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home