Saturday, January 12, 2008

Jammie Day !!


in the interest of not allowing the bug to get me, I figured a stay at home in your jammies day was a good idea for today. I slept in a bit, and it's been great to read and stitch the day away. I decided to get these guild raffle blocks done first today. This was the first block-and it took hours! lots of parts and so on. I want to hand these over Thursday night, so I am continuing on make slow but steady progress. I have 5 more to do, just like these. I have no idea what part these blocks will play in the quilt as a whole- the designer has not revealed the quilt to us. This quilt will go on raffle sale in 2009. I think...maybe it will be later this year...guess you will know when I do. I am sure I slept through that bit of information- meaning I was not paying attention or I did not retain it. I have been chatting online with a few friends for company too. It helps keep us all motivated/inspired. The rain cleared up this afternoon and we actually saw some sunshine for a while-nice! More rain is expected however. I have not trimmed this block to it's 6.5 size nor removed the paper as I was not told to do this or not-I made a call asking and have not heard back yet so, excuse the rough edges. I am not sure what I will feel like working on next-probably another January deadline project. I will decide once I arrive at that point. I do know I won't be staying up late. Lots of rest and sleep this weekend if I am not to fall into the clutches of this bug is my thought.
I hope you are having a relaxing and enjoyable weekend too...thanks for stopping by!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

Happy Jammie Day! It was great chatting with you today on line. It is wonderful to know that there is someone there to chat when I am ready for a coffee! I love the colours/fabrics in your block. I am curious like you how your block will fit into the rest of the quilt design. Great suspense!

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

I hope you enjoyed your jammie day yesterday. Jammie days are always a good thing, unless you're really, really sick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home