Saturday, March 01, 2008

hearts blocks into a top-just add pink!


The pink keeps on getting used-this is all stash added to the blocks I won at our guild meeting on Tuesday night. It came out at 49 inches by 66 inches-I cut some of that pink swirl for binding before realizing I needed more for the side borders-I had to do some extra piecing to eke out enough of that fabric. That yardage is now reduced to a few pieces left in the scrap bag. I went over to the quilt shop to drop something off and check out the donated fabric. It was all non-cotton or non-suitable quilting fabric! Two large garbage bags worth-so it was disposed of to the proper place. I did pull backing for another donated pink! top - next up is sandwiching and pinning that tonight. I already prepped the backing to be the right length. I have some great pink ribbon backing fabric for the heart top. I am on track to have this heart top completely done by the next guild meeting in March-we meet the 4th Tuesday so I have plenty of time to finish it up by then.
I have variegated pink to red thread perfect for quilting it too. I am happy with how it turned out. It's amusing to think I had zero pink in my stash until 2005-the year I made my mom a pink quilt for use during chemo. Of course I had a bit left after making that quilt-then I needed a small amount for Alice's first quilt. Then, I needed enough pinks for my dil's quilt-in that collecting process I ended up with enough for two quilts with still some leftover yardage. I think I may be able to see the end of the pinks with one last quilt-it would be nice to play with some other colors. Hope you are feeling in the pink!

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 6:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

We might say that you're about *P*ickled *T*ink then?! ;-) It is darling though, that is for sure...as are all of the pinks that you've shown us.

Enjoy your day, Cher!

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

Nice quilt top! You sure aren't letting those blocks sit around unloved! You just won them and already they are together in a top! Way to go!

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Woohoo! Look at you go when you have the time to sew---no UFO there that's for sure. Love all the pinks together and catch that pink script for your post. Sorry I missed you before you went off to PPs. Maybe tonight?

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Rosalyn Manesse said...

I made a quilt like that pattern a few years ago. Fun. thanks for the comment on my blog.

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger YankeeQuilter said...

Using the fabric as it comes in the house...now that is a concept I aspire to! The quilt is coming along great. Congrats on scratching all the items off your January "to-do" list!!!

Sio

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

so that will be three years of pink and then you won't have to play with it anymore. your top looks really fun - bright and happy.

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger jacquie said...

This is so cute! There's never enough pink! I think the variegated thread will be wonderful.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger atet said...

Isn't it amazing how that pink fabric just seems to multiply? I swear I only bought enough for a quilt for my god daughter. Five quilts and still more later, um, I think I have a problem (of course, once I had a daughter I may have bought just a bit more pink mind you, oh and for another quilt -- I think I have a problem here!)

Those blocks look lovely though -- as does that paper pieced beauty you showed earlier. Fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home