Thursday, January 31, 2008

donated fabric top completed


This fabric was donated months ago and no one seemed too inspired by it. I bundled the fabrics together and said, oh, I will do something with this fabric. Here is my something- another disappearing 9 patch top. This is the third one I have done and they go together fast. I had just enough of the border fabric to do this top-and there is enough of the yellow/orange for a back. Black binding is never a problem to come up with and there you go, a charity quilt from stash/donation fabric ready to be quilted. 41.5 by 58.5- close enough to the 40 by 60 target size.
I believe I left a cryptic comment that the fabric would hold the quilting inspiration- yes, flames...I think an all over flame quilting pattern will be just the ticket.(click to enlarge and see the flames better) This top used up the left over bobbin thread from the Christmas quilt and I had to switch to black half way through adding the borders.
I cut this fabric Tuesday night when I started feeling a bit better and with some time in the mornings and a few evening spurts...this top is now done-and it's only Thursday. I am ready to do this pattern totally scrappy the next time around-with lights/darks being the guide. Off to cut batting and press that back-I just may get it pinned tonight.

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Blogger Tracey in CT said...

This is goin to make some boy really happy! And, sorry, I can't resist...This is one HOT quilt! :-)

 
At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How could anyone not be inspired by this fabric? You did a great job with it. Canadian Gail

 
At 4:35 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

How fun! Love the flames. You're going to have a great time machine quilting the flames. Can't wait to see it!

Enjoy your weekend!

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Cher, it looks much better when you click it bigger so you can see the prints. The colors are more vibrant and not muddied up.

These are quick, quick, quick to do making it a perfect donation quilt. Janet's sure looked cool scrappy too from many donation sources.

Closer to finish!

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

I can't believe how fast you put this one together--especially since I know you worked late at least one night in that time period! This is a quilt recpie that works well.

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Hunter said...

What a beautiful quilt. It's amazing how fast you put the top together.

Wow.

Darilyn

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger atet said...

Some little boy is going to absolutely LOVE this quilt! Aren't the disappearing 9 patches great?!?

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Patti said...

The fabric is perfect for this quilt. Flaming quilting will finish it nicely.

Oh dear - now I'm going to look foolish - what did you mean when you said you'd finally tracked me down and made the switch to my new blog? What did I miss?

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger jacquie said...

This is so amazing. I love it. I am working on my first Disappearing 9 patch...I really like the pattern that your blocks form. There are so many possibilities with this block. A quick question..do you cut all the individual squares or is there a way to strip piece and cut? Glad I found your blog! Thanks for sharing.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Carol E. said...

Did you use the fast way from that other blog, the one that shows this pattern done in a strippy fashion? If so, can you share the link? I can't remember where it was, and I've been meaning to use it, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home