Tuesday, April 22, 2008

shhh, it's a secret...

Last weekend I spent digging out the fabric room. It took both days and some of the cleared out stuff is living in the hallway, waiting to find a new place. I was hoping to clean the sewing room next, but that is not going to happen for a while. I have my favorite quilting machine in the cabinet, so I set up my Bernina on the kitchen table as I needed to sew up a baby quilt top last night. That's the secret part, the mom-to-be reads my blog and I am not going to show this until after the shower. As soon as I finish my coffee, I will sandwich said top and get it ready to quilt. The inspiration for this quilt was the flannel backing piece I had-only 34 inches worth! as that was the end of the bolt. I finally looked at the date and realized I was running rapidly out of time so in the midst of cleaning I came across the perfect focus fabric on the novelty shelf and pulled some go-withs. I can't wait to quilt this up and send it on it's way. As always I am reminded of the awesome stash I have and the need to use up more of it!
It's guild night tonight and I am handing over a queen sized top etc to the longarm gal. I have binding to stitch together on the Bernina before putting it away-the right color thread is in it, and the ironing board is set up for pressing. That binding is for another quilt that came back quilted and I will share once it's bound. Well, time to get some quilty stuff done before preparing for the work day!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Busy, busy! Are you doing before and after pics after the fabric/sewing room reorganization?

Good for you having everything you needed to put a quilt together quickly for your friend. That is one way that having a stash is a time saver.

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Can hardly wait for the reveal of the baby quilt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home