Saturday, July 19, 2008

it's my turn...


What a fabulous day it has been! And, not just because I completed the k project top, nope, besides that, the sun came out and I mopped the kitchen/hallway/ and entry way...I just love walking on clean floors in my bare feet ! So I did not have to feel guilty about ignoring the housework entirely. I am happy dancing with how this top turned out-I just love it.
My sweetie did the errands and as I hoped, I never left the house. Now, I will have to decide on a backing and get this sandwiched up. I pretty much know how I want to quilt it and as I kept it on the small side, that should not take nearly as long as the pink quilt I have started. This came out 29 inches by 26 inches..just in case you wondered. I have two more current projects to work on next. One is the booty swap-which I have two different ideas for and the other is the Koi quilt for our friend in Utah. And, it's only July 19th-plenty of time to have these done by the end of the month if I keep at it. I will work out in the garden tomorrow-the trade I made for sticking with the K project today with myself.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger swooze said...

I like that. Very cute!

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Quiltin Jenny said...

This is adorable! You must have used up a lot of little scraps to get that look.

Did you send a pic to Bonnie? She would love it.

Thanks also for all the great Sisters pics. I am envious.

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

This is so totally you and I know that you will pick out little bits and bobs of fabrics from other projects as you look at it once completed. More quilts to go with the swaps and such but when are we ever truly finished as the creative processes ebb and flow?

Keep up the good work!

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

Love the quilt!

I agree with you on clean floors. I have seeing marks on my wood floors when the sun shines on them.

 
At 5:58 AM, Blogger Mama Spark said...

Very cool. I want to try the letters some time too. I have not been brave enough to do it yet though!

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I love it Cher, I need to get back to my trees or the summer will be done and I'll still be working on them.

I cleaned yesterday and today getting ready for my company. My bedroom is still not completely straight because I need more drawer space but overall the house is ready for company.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home