Friday, July 25, 2008

something different



the wacky FAB challenge was revealed tonight as we gathered online and opened our packages from each other. I can show what I made for Pat and what I received from Norma...we all did FABulous things with the challenge fabric, and they were all different from each other.
Pam and Norma found this 8 purple piece of fabric at a Jo-Ann shop I believe and decided it would make great challenge fabric for all of us. I took my piece of fabric and cut the 8 different purple patterns apart and turned them into small rail blocks. We could add two more fabrics and I chose green and yellow- thus creating a Billie Lauder inspired heart wall hanging. The octagon table topper is a specialty of Norma's- and one of the great things about it, is how much I have wanted one of these but was too lazy to make it! Now I have one, in my favorite color and I don't need to make it, just enjoy it. Thanks Norma!
I have all my Koi blocks made and one set stitched together into a row- ready to be joined to the center panel. All sewing machine projects will be at a stand still while we enjoy visiting family at the beach. I am taking hand quilting, and this time I think I will actually do some stitching. The weather is forecast to be not so warm and that sounds just right to me. Zoe will have Molly their golden to play with and we all should have a happy time together. You all have a lovely weekend and I will check back on Sunday night.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 6:09 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

I would say you did well, Cher on both the receiving and making/giving end. It looks great up on Pat's wall. How different each of our ideas were for the official FAB colored fabric!

Good for you moving that koi project along! Have fun at the beach!

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Thank you Cher for my Heart Wall Hanging...it's great and I like your spiral table topper, too. Amazing how we all start with the same fabric and have such 'different' results...each one special!

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

I am glad you like your table topper. It is plain and simple--just like me! I love the choices of fabrics that you put with the challenge fabric to make Pat's wall hanging! I never would have thought of yellow and green. What a creative bunch the FABs are!

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

Gorgeous FAB gifts. Everyone did a wonderful job on their projects.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home