Saturday, February 07, 2009

a very good reason ...


Sorry for the poor photo, taking it with my left hand was challenging! It explains the why of no quilting is or will be happening from me for at least three more weeks.

My fall interrupted a very productive quilt effort on the FAB challenge. It put a screeching halt to taking my quilt workshop classes today. I am hoping it will not stop me from taking a knitting class due to start Sunday-March 1st. Oh, it is only my fifth finger that broke-a spiral fracture-but not in need of pinning/surgery. They had to include the finger next to it to support the broken one.
I am getting very adept at coping one handed-though as I used mainly my right hand for much of what I do-it has kaboshed quilting for the most part-I may work with some already cut fabric..but certainly can not cut with the rotary. And, M has been emphatic-no help with quilting from her.
So, a great time to catch up on blog reading, quilt magazine reading ( 3 new ones as a feel better gift), and the stacks of paperwork that I had been ignoring as I was so enthralled with this challenge top.

Balance....yes, my word of the year to the rescue...time given to me to switch gears and tackle those other neglected tasks.

Hopefully the cast will come off in 3 weeks and-if I deal with all those non-quilty tasks-it will be wonderful to plunge back into this challenge with both hands! ok, you know I will anyway!


Labels:

12 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger Ali Honey said...

Oouch - sorry about the finger. What a pretty colour plaster matches your blog side bars perfectly!
Heal quickly!

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger dot said...

Wow! I am surprised to see this in your post. I know how it is. Time and patience are needed now. You are in my prayers.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Rosalyn Manesse said...

Get well soon

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Tazzie said...

Ouch! I hope you have a speedy recovery. The purple cast is very stylish though, I think it's the colour I'd choose.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I guess it could be worse. Hope the three weeks pass quickly!

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger antique quilter said...

hope it heals fast and your sewing again in no time
always good to take a break once ina while and just enjoy the pictures in your books and magazines
aahh inspiration!
always a good thing!

 
At 3:44 AM, Blogger Clare said...

Very ouch, but very stylish cast. Great colour.

 
At 4:42 AM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

you make it sound like nothing - a broken finger - but I bet it's a really bad one for you to end up with a big cast like that. that "spiral" description sounds ominous. so sorry it's cut into your quilting time- no fun at all!

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

Ohmygoodness Cher! Hope your recovery will continue to go smoothly. One good thing: You got to choose Alice Purple for your casting! ;-)

Sending good thoughts to you!

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger doni said...

You didn't even mention this in our 'conversations' yesterday!! Poor baby! But I have a feeling you'll come out of the cast quilting faster than ever!!!

doni @ Oregon coast

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery - don't overdo! Might be a good time to try some new recipes... Enjoy those new quilt magazines.
Cheers! Evelyn

 
At 3:40 AM, Blogger jovaliquilts said...

I got behind on blog reading and just discovered your post about breaking your finger! I'm so sorry! Sounds like you are coping pretty well, but it must be very difficult. It's good news that it seems to be healing well and not showing signs of arthritis. I'm impressed that you typed a post with a broken finger! Take care and I hope you can use your hand like always soon after the cast comes off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home