Wednesday, December 24, 2008

merry christmas alice quilt


Merry Christmas Eve. I only need to wrap the quilt in the photo and I am totally done. If the weather allows, we will drive over tomorrow afternoon and enjoy watching Little Miss Alice Wonderful open her presents and in general celebrate being together. We have a new camera and I am looking forward to playing with it. This quilt was made from a kit I bought at a shop in Cannon Beach. A few fabric strips leftover -it worked out perfect. I used wool batting and left space in my free motion quilting so it is fluffy and cuddly. She has been enjoying the book this fabric was inspired by -which came from the box of books her daddy and uncle had as young children. I am not showing any more snow photos-it got worse and then we had some rain today-though only a bit of the snow melted away. It will be quite the white Christmas tomorrow morning. I made two pumpkin pies this afternoon -love that baking smell ! I worked from home and it was very relaxing. I had a lovely phone conversation with my sister and welcome news from my son in Texas. I had used the wrong address to mail his gift to, plus given it to the mail order company for his wife's gift, and also to his brother. Oh, I thought he would be missing out tomorrow! He stopped by the old address and there was my box- oh joy! They will keep an eye out for the other packages and I contacted the mail order company as well. The post office still has his forwarding address active-it's possible that somewhere in their system the other packages are being held to be delivered to his current address. So we both feel so much more positive about those missing packages ending up getting to them -hopefully soon.

I wish everyone a happy holiday season no matter how you celebrate or not.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 12:44 AM, Blogger swooze said...

Merry Christmas!

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

Fun, bright quilt. Merry Christmas!

 
At 1:16 AM, Blogger antique quilter said...

Love that quilt, wish they would have had that fabric when my girls were little, they LOVED that book.
Have a very Merry Christmas.
Kathie

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger Marit said...

God Jul(Happy Holidays) Cher! Sweet quilt. I know the book from I was little. Just love the drawings. All your snow looks very festive - from inside a warm house...

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger jovaliquilts said...

What a cheerful quilt! My kids always loved Eric Carle. Merry,merry Christmas!

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

My son has that book both in German and English - and now that he has seen your quilt - he wants that too! I am sure Alice will love it! Good news about your presents!!!
Cheers!
Evelyn

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That's a beautiful quilt - I'm sure it will be much loved. Merry Christmas!

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

LMW's quit turned out awesome!

Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Lori said...

I'm sure Alice will love the quilt. My grandson Jack loved his racecars. Merry Christmas

I see we are getting some sun, lets bottle it lol :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home