Thursday, August 12, 2010

wearing a sling...

Mimi- your comment did not have an email address, so my response is...

1) I am an excellent one hand typist...much improved a year ago when I broke my right hand.
2) Oregon law may not address wearing a sling- just going from what my doctor told me. I could with a pillow to support my arm not wear my sling...at any rate I am not up to trying as yet.
3) thanks for your kind comment- I do keep in mind that it is a six month rehab process...so I do my exercises and do my best to try and "relax" through the "pain"...so much easier said than done!

4) I meant I am supposed to not lift with my non sling arm no more than a pound...yeah,right.
I do try and NOT over use my right arm which is challenging- as my job is all about being on the computer...I just take breaks.

the regular computer will be available tonight- my partner took it over this year when she figured out how to convert books on cd to a thumb drive and also how to download to her nano, bought just for that purpose (smile and shake of head). As we use the library 99% of the time as our book reading resource-what a deal for her. I personally prefer to actually read and I am a fairly fast reader- though I do not have the energy to stay up late reading like I loved to do, before my surgery.

All of which means I should be able to upload some photos and post a few photos tonight.

Meanwhile a friend came over and cut out a special project for me and as soon as I locate the right batting-I will with help from her if needed be able to actually sew on it.

All of my support team have been super in helping me do all the things I can not manage.

thanks again for taking the time to leave your comment.

oh joy, today is pt day as well !!!

6 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Blogger Hanne said...

I can quilt a bit for you if you like :-)
I hope you continue to improve - speedy recovery to you!

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I do hope you feel better soon. It is amazing how much we take our body for granted until it acts up. Take it easy and heal well. I'm not sure I can quilt for both of us - I am a slacker just quilting for myself, but at least this way you won't feel like you are way behind.

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

ooh, I never thought of trying to get books on cd onto the computer and then to my nano. excellent plan except that my nano is too full of podcasts. good reason to buy ipod!

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Where there is a will, there is a way if you are trying to sew one handed. Woohoo for the cutting friend.

BTW Pat was talking like end of October for deadline but will post on our blog with her final decision. Buy us all some time. Maybe you will be feeling tons better by then?

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Rosalyn Manesse said...

Get well soon. We miss you around blog-land

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I really wondered where you had gone! Good grief. Sylvia disappeared too. Missed each of you because I was used to frequent posts.

Get well! Othro stuff is no fun, THAT one I know for sure! (Miss Titanium 2006/2007)

Cindy B.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home